Tuesday, July 17, 2007

roll out the red duct tape

So tonight I did something I never would have imagined. I duct taped grass. Yup. I can now say that one hot July night I got down on my hands and knees and spent a good 20 minutes with bright red duct tape trying to get a red carpet to stick to grass. It turned out swell I must say.
It was a friend from church's 40th birthday...what a gorgeous and perfect night to be outside...yes it was crazy humid/hot but still lovely. The theme was hollywood and the guests were the paparazzi...very creative and the guy the party was for I think loved it all. He's a real fun free spirit and his wife is like one of those gorgeous butterflies you love to watch flit from one thing to the next leaving a trail of beauty wherever she goes. And boy can she throw a party!
Somehow I managed to end the night singing karaoke. Know that Mr. Big song "I'm the one who wants to be with you, deep inside I hope you feel it too..." if you know it you are now singing along...I sang it in front of like 40 people who (thank God) were not paying a bit of attention to me. It was fun. Of the good clean variety.
What a lovely night. And now I must go shower because it was also one of those nights where you stood still and dripped from sweat...at least we were all outside and everyone was sweating!
Here's a pic of me duct taping grass...yeah...











Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Lance said...

Sorry I missed the party, looked like fun, thanks for the comment on my blog.

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley