Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I love a rainy night

Two times in the last week we have had some pretty major storms come through. The first night I pretty much slept through them and besides some tipped over trash cans there was no real obvious damage that I could see, a few trees were down which is kind of crazy because they were literally uprooted but all things considered it didn't seem to bad. I heard later that there were thousands of homes with out power, but it didn't effect me so I carried on my merry way.
Then Monday night the storms came again and I woke up this time! It was like there was an intergalactic war happening right over my house. The windows were shaking, the thunder was rolling and the rain was pounding...and wowzer if there wasn't an amazing light show going on as well...I put clothes on and clutched my cell phone and prayed that the sky wouldn't fall...I turned on the news and the newscaster was saying things about semi-drivers like "oh man! what an idiot! what a bonehead! I can't believe these people"...I have never heard a newscaster call someone a bonehead on live tv before...it made me laugh...after things calmed down finally, I pulled my camera out and tried out some of the night settings...they didn't really turn out very good but it was interesting anyways.
So today I drove around a bit to see what sort of damage had happened...my neighborhood was just fine but around my church...there are piles of branches and tree trunks everywhere. The landscape of this town is forever changed. I took a couple pics...crazy. There are plenty of trees that still need to be taken down before they cause even more damage and as far as I know there are still thousands with out power...

I feel like there are all kinds of analogies that could be written about comparing these storms to the storms that life brings our way...or to those in our lives...but I need to get back to work...

check out a few of my pics...




Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Chris H. said...

I came upon your blog while looking for someone elses, but I have enjoyed reading yours; thanks for sharing. I saw that same newscast with the "idiot" comment - I laughed too! Sheesh, some people's kids...

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley