Thursday, August 02, 2007

snapshots

I have been thinking about this concept of snapshots and how it relates to people's lives and the glimpses seen from the outside, now let's see if I can articulate it...

I post a few pictures of myself and you get a snapshot of a moment in my life or day. I post a blog with a story about me and you get another kind of snapshot of a moment in my life or day. We talk on the phone and share thoughts and ideas from a distance...another snapshot is taken. We meet for lunch, or church, or a meeting, or at a baby shower, or in Wal-mart...a few more snapshots are taken. I decide to tell you what I think about and what's important to me...more snapshots. Before you know it you have a collection of snapshots.

How many snapshots do you need to see before it turns into a flip book and how many more before you are watching a movie? Who's really all that interested in seeing my movie anyways I wonder sometimes...I know a few people who are and I am so greatful because they keep me real. It's easy to hide things when all people see are snapshots...a little easier to hide things when you're looking at someone's flip book...but the movie...leaves little out...not much hiding going on and it's usually kind of obvious when you try...

Sometimes because of time and location you never get past the flip book stage...and sometimes because of history with a person you know what the start of their movie looks like but now it's all herky jerky because pieces are missing. There are people I wish I could get more snapshots of for sure.

Last night as I watched endless hours of breaking news about the bridge collapsing I couldn't help but think about how I was getting a snapshot into the lives of so many people. Not by their choice.

I pray that the people who know the victims so well, who are a part of their movies, find peace today...especially the ones who have lost everything.

No comments:

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley