Saturday, August 11, 2007

there are moments

So this morning I woke up kind of tired after a night of thunder and lightning and rain and a little tossing and turning. I went to get in my Jeep to leave for church only to find that all of my belongings were strewn about the inside of my jeep and the back window (it's a soft top) was slashed...someone had vandalized my jeep.
As I stood there waiting for the cops to come I stood in the alley leaning up against the front of my jeep and I grabbed my Bible. (after I called my mom of course) I honestly could only laugh about what had happened. I have run out of energy asking why these types of things keep happening to me..
I started mentally running down the list of things that have crossed my path in the last year that have been hard to deal with. Family things, relationship changes, work challenges, health issues, personal losses of property...and I couldn't help but flip to the book of Job.
Two parts at the start of the book jumped out at me.
"The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord. In all this Job did not sin or charge God with wrong." and then "Shall we receive good from God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this Job did not sin with his lips."
I am starting to get the feeling that I am also being tested. okay, I've had the feeling for a while now...but there are moments when things become crystal clear and today as I stood and enjoyed a cool breeze and the smell of a morning after a storm I had my moment.
I don't know why I am being tested and to what end but I know this...I will take whatever God lets come my way and I will endeavor to keep my eyes on Him and to keep my spirit sweet. I will hold loosly to the things of this world and I will hang on with all my heart and might to the truths of God. My feelings will not be determined by my circumstances, they will be lined up with the word of God. I will let the Joy of the Lord be my strength...I will not try to handle things on my own.
And I will call my insurance guy and get my dumb window fixed ;-) and I will locate some duct tape soon so that the annoying sound of plastic flapping in the wind goes away in the meantime...lol...

1 comment:

* said...

I'm sorry about that. My car got broken into once and it freaked me out. (Obviously they weren't geniuses - I mean who breaks into a 1986 Chevy Celebrity and steals $3.46 in change?) Still, I just felt cruddy about it. I hope you can get everything fixed.

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley