Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Just as I am

There's no one better to be me than me.

I like the guys I work with.

I made cookie dough tonight. Not sure if I'll get to the actual cookie baking part though cause I'm tired.

I've managed to lose another like 8 lbs. I'm officially skin and bones.

Gary came over and put in a motion light and helped me finally hang my light fixture that's been down for like 2 mo.

I was reminded of a hymn tonight that is precious.

If I am remembering correct Billy Graham always ended with this song. Which if you read the words, makes sense.

Speaking of BG...I wish my friend kristen wasn't in china...not cause I don't want her to be in china but I really don't like when she's not a phone call away. I will get to see her though at the airport in a week so I guess that's one good thing about her and her world travels. I think she might buy me a chinese purse too ;) hint hint...do they let you read my blogs in China???


Just as I am

Just as I am, without one plea,
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou bidst me come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, and waiting not
To rid my soul of one dark blot,
To Thee whose blood can cleanse each spot,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, though tossed about
With many a conflict, many a doubt,
Fightings and fears within, without,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind;
Sight, riches, healing of the mind,
Yea, all I need in Thee to find,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, Thou wilt receive,
Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;
Because Thy promise I believe,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, Thy love unknown
Hath broken every barrier down;
Now, to be Thine, yea, Thine alone,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, of that free love
The breadth, length, depth, and height to prove,
Here for a season, then above,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come!


Oh to be accepted 100% for who you are where you are no matter what. Thank you Jesus.

3 comments:

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

You know what's funny? Church bells played that here this weekend, and I've NEVER heard that on church bells before. When I pointed it out to someone, they didn't even know the hymn. So I sang a bar or two...

W&MGrad said...

I always loved that hymn! What a great thing to read on a Wednesday morning!

Elaine said...

I've never heard of that hymn. Very nice. Sort of reminds of buddhism.

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley