Wednesday, November 07, 2007

part of the secret

Miss Dollie told me today that she wants me to feel at home while I'm staying with them so she's been trying extra hard to make me feel welcome, especially by being ready on time in the mornings...hehe..so cute.

I have been reading to her each night from the Bible and I pray with both kids before they sleep (right after I smooch on em a ton) and praying with them on the drive to school each morning...their mom said it was part of their routine but more importantly it was the thing that mattered the most in how their days and nights went...she didn't think they would survive two weeks with out it. I have no problem filling in, I love to pray with them and I love reading the bible so it works for me great.

It is a lot of fun to hear their comments and thoughts after we pray and read. Last night Dollie just wanted to talk about how great heaven was going to be and all the people she would get to see when she got there, like her grandma who she loves remembering. I actually remember her too and I went to her funeral, which seemed to make Dollie extra happy. Tonight she wanted me to read to her about Jesus and wanted to know what my favorite bible passage was. After reading some stories about Jesus I read to her out of Phillippians the part about thinking of others before yourself and finding your joy in being like Christ and how great the name of Jesus is...she really liked it and said that tonight at church when other kids were winning prizes she kept reminding herself to be happy for the ones who were winning instead of being sad for herself that she wasn't winning.

I think part of the secret of why this family is as sweet as they are has to do with how much they incorporate the word of God into their lives (aka the bible). They read it, talk about it, think about it, and live it. It's not a "sunday" thing but a daily woven into life thing.

and just so I don't give off the impression that these kids are walking angels...today was definately a wednesday....hump day...tired middle of the week when's it all gonna end day...late to school "let's get in the car now!" no you can't do that and stop asking...yes you have to eat your dinner and no you can't be on the computer until your homework is finished...it's not up for discussion and if you'd rather just sit there that's fine by me...would you PLEASE flush the toilet?!

I figured out that I can make Gav smile at any given moment by saying "poop poop pa doop" he giggles cause I say poop.

The crazy beast I am driving around town says I am going 100mph or 120mph at all times..I think the speedometer broke...fairly certain I'm not actually driving those speeds...although who knows how fast or slow I'm actually going...i certainly don't!

I just go with the flow...

time for some sleep! no school the next two days so should be fairly laid back...which I am all for!

5 comments:

Burkinator said...

First of all, I LOVE the new pic at the top of your blog. Second, I can't put my finger on why, but this is probably my favorite of all your posts. Very cute, yet you managed to wedge some great observations in there. Have I told you lately how happy I am that you're blogging? : )

Beth said...

And I echo all of Burke's sentiments!

Jamie E said...

My kids always laugh when I incorporate the word "puke" into things. Of course, Ben doesn't need much motivation, He's a fun finder.

Jamie Willow said...

I'll have to add puke to my repertoire and see what kind of reaction I get...

and thanks so much girls for the kind words! you are amazing friends!

Lyndee said...

I say "Poopie Doopie" from a wonderful story about a lady in a home who didn't speak except to say "Poopie Doopie" and it cracks kids up!

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley