Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Lucky Number 7
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
I have been tagged by Mrs. B over at The Starcrossed Blogger
I am going to tell 7 christmas memories instead...it's my blog so I can change the rules all I want! watch me now!
1. I remember digging through my moms closet with my sister looking for presents...we were probably 5 or 6 yrs old...and boy did we get in trouble when she found us looking! phew! that was a christmas to remember!
2. I spent one christmas in prison. Really. Went with my best friend and her family to visit her step dad. He asked one of the prison guards if it would be okay for him to give me a gift and I left that day with a very fun Teddy Ruxpin. I have a polaroid somewhere from that day and boy did I have 80's hair...and I was wearing a turtle neck. I was so cool. That was a christmas to remember!
3. Part of our family tradition was to attend a candle light service on christmas eve. At my parents church in WI my mom would also do some sort of a reading each year (she's so dramatic and fun). A few years back she got crazy sick and we decided to not leave her home alone but to all just stay with her instead. And rather than go to church we headed to the local liquor store and everyone got something they liked. Talk about a mellow christmas. We were all in bed by 9. That was a christmas to remember!
4. When we first moved to WA when I was in 3rd grade my dad lost his job. We had a rough year for a lot of reasons and somehow our church decided to adopt us for christmas. I still remember the pick up truck that came loaded up with gifts and food. It was overwhelming. Our house could barely fit everything we were given. Maybe it's my childlike memory of the occasion but it seemed like the gifts never ended. That same year my parents found a friend to dress up like santa and bring us all the presents they had bought us. I got the most lovely porcelain doll. which I recently sold in a yard sale cause she was missing a leg..lol...people buy the strangest things! anyhow, that was a christmas to remember!
5. My parents were separated for two years when I was in Jr. High. I remember going over to my dad's house and how hard he'd tried to decorate for us kids. He had bought this big white christmas tree that he couldn't get to stand up so he'd tied it to a hook in the ceiling. So pitiful. But sweet. That was a christmas to remember!
6. Last year was the first christmas I spent apart from my family. I was blessed to be included in a couple of my friends christmas celebrations. Including a complete and delicious Lebanese meal at one house and a very traditional turkey dinner at another. If I couldn't be with family I was with the next best thing, friends who love me. That was a christmas to remember!
7. I remember sneaking down the night before christmas eve eve (follow that?) with my sister (again) and opening our gifts and re wrapping them...we sooooo wanted to know if we were getting the latest New Kids on the Block cassette tapes. We were. hmm...it occurs to me that my mom might not know we did that...guess I just outted myself...sorry sis...if I'm going down you're coming with me! and yes, that was also a christmas to remember!
How about instead of tagging people, if you read this and you have a fun/boring/interesting/whatever christmas memory, feel free to leave a comment and share!
So Much to Love
I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.