Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Fair

I spent the morning with a couple who are trying to have a baby. They have tried everything and this is their last and final shot at there ever being a chance to have their own baby. They have pleaded with God, yelled at God, made deals with God, ignored God and given their dreams into his care. There is no formula for getting a prayer answered. There is only trust and dealing with whatever the answer is. Yes. No. Wait.
If you had to be or behave a certain way to deserve an answered prayer...we'd all be in trouble. It's not about deserving. It's not about what's fair. It's about a plan. What is the plan and process of your life and what is going to be the best for you. We think we know what's best for ourselves. Sometimes God steps in, says No and leaves us with something beyond our wildest dreams. And sometimes we never see the wildest dreams because we are to busy being mad at God.
I don't know how their particular situation will work out. Only time will tell. But any way it turns out there will be a need for more of God in the situation. And the great part is, there is always more.
I felt His presence again today as I stood next to her and sang (she always wants me to sing to calm her down). No matter what the answer, God has not left them. And that can get anyone through the hardest of circumstances. It's not trite. It can sound trite but it's not. It's relevant and true.
If you read this blog and pray, please keep this couple in your prayers this week as they go through this invitro process for the final time. Anything is possible!

2 comments:

Lyndee said...

God gave a baby to Victor and Melissa when all was lost. A miracle baby and they couldn't deny the miracle! I am praying for this couple. Sing her fears away with your beautiful voice.

elizabeth.schomburg said...

Let them know that after trying to conceive for over 12 years, two weeks ago my sister-in-law just found out she was pregnant. It happened completely naturally...or supernaturally. No drugs or procedures though.

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley