Sunday, February 17, 2008

Answered Prayer

I turned my heart to God. I asked him to show me who he had for me. The journey was interesting. It was terrible at times. It was laughable even. It seemed pointless at times. It felt forced at others. I was weary from the search so I stopped looking. I was to overwhelmed by my life anyways, so much was going on with my family and with my health and I just needed to take a step back. But I still prayed. Lord you know the desires of my heart. I want to be wanted. I want to be loved. I want health. I want a family. I want someone who is there with me doing life. I want someone who will pray with me. For me. I want to be wanted. I want to be in your will Lord.

And wouldn't you know it. The Lord heard my hearts cry. He directed my path. And he has given me a gift. A man who loves me. A man who loves God. A man who values family. A man who is strong and tender. A man who wants me.

Lance is the answer to my prayer. I turned my heart to God and He turned my heart towards Lance.

And now I am an engaged woman! He prayed for us and blessed the ring and our future and I couldn't speak. He asked me to marry him and I couldn't speak. I tried to say yes. I was lost in the moment of a prayer being answered right before my eyes.

Simply sweet. I am in love. I am getting married. I am trusting God every day. The future is so bright.

Photobucket

9 comments:

oregoncelticlady said...

woohoo!!! Joyful, joyful, ever joyful time!!!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! Praise Him for what He's doing and what He's been doing up to this point. He's been getting you ready for Lance. What a beautiful God who orchestrates things in a way we never would. Let the symphony begin!

Jamie E said...

I'm going to cry!!!!!

Lance said...

Beautiful post darling.

Saba Jean said...

I am soooo happy for you Jamie! I can't wait to catch up with you on Wednesday night...and see the bling!

Here is the blog I told you about a while ago. I really enjoy it and I think you will too. See U Wednesday!

http://oneyearofbeauty.blogspot.com/

Chris H. said...

CONGRATS! Woohoo! What wonderful news! :)

Mrs. B. said...

So happy for you, Jamie! The ring is completely beautiful. :)

Cookie M. said...

Congrats Jamie!!

W&MGrad said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! ;-D

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley