Thursday, February 21, 2008

my glass house

The thing about living in a glass house is you really don't know who is looking.  Or who cares to look.  Or who happens to be looking in your general direction.  Or who is camped on your front lawn with a bag of pop corn.  You pray that none of them have rocks in their pockets.  And on with your life you go.

My glass house became very fun to look at recently.  

The thing people will find is that even when I know for a fact that people are looking at my glass house, I am still me.  No show here.  Just a girl, making good choices, loving, messing up, laughing at dumb jokes, spending to much time on my cell phone, staring at her left hand a lot. Just me.  

Last night there was a group of about 8 girls, probably Jr. High age, standing outside of a class I was trying to get in...some of them I have seen before, a couple were brand new faces, although I'm sure they have been a part of our church for years.  They were all so excited about my ring and my story.  One more reminder that my glass house is being watched.  I pray that each of those girls sees a woman of integrity who makes good choices when it comes to men.  If they see that, they may start to believe it's possible.  And it is.  So many people are convinced otherwise though.  To settle for less than God's best.  To doubt their own self worth and become entangled with people and situations that are to their detriment.  I hope a glimpse into my glass house makes an impression on their lives.  The truth of things being that you can remain a woman of integrity living passionately for God and still get your fairy tale ending.


3 comments:

Lyndee said...

No Rocks here and it is currently my favorite glass house!

Cookie M. said...

Jamie, I thank you for your glass house. You have helped me in more ways than you will ever know. I thought for a long time that I was destined to only keep getting what I had gotten during the last 4 to 5 years of my life. And that I was just going to have to settle for less than what I deserve.

Your words and frank honesty really helped me to realize and see I never have to settle, never have to give up my integrity, morals, values, convictions, and beliefs to have all my dreams come true.

Thank You!!

Natalie said...

Life isn't a fairytale, but sometimes bits and pieces of life can feel like a fairytale:)

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley