Monday, February 11, 2008

the princess and the pea

Do you know the fairy tale of which I speak?
I have my own version...

There once was a princess named Jamie Willow...most people didn't know she was a princess until the mattress and closet incident...she was spening an amazing weekend with a group of amazing women...she slept on a mattress in a room with someone who snored...so she snuck out of her room, away from her mattress and slept on a couch instead. She couldn't move the next morning because princesses don't sleep well on couches, even the big cushy leather ones that look like they should be comfortable...so she spent the day in a massage chair and a jacuzi bath...and insisted on moving her mattress into a closet! People thought she was acting like a princess...and she was because that's what princesses do...she slept like a princess that night in her magical little closet. It was a closet fit for a princess!

Fairy tale finished!

The real story...
Besides my dramatic sleeping arrangement...I can truly say that this weekend was one of the most refreshing times I have had in ages. It was unexpected and truly touched my life.

I did some scrapbooking...not much considering I wanted to finish my book that I was working on but I did get through the stuff that was holding me back from finishing so all in good time I will get to the rest.

I knew about half the ladies (there were 16 of us) previous to this weekend and the other half were friends of the ladies I knew so it had the potential of being a nice time. What I didn't expect was for how sweet of a time it would be. Truly sweet.

The reason most of these women are as beautiful as they are is because of their spirits. Gentle spirits with hearts that long for more of God in their lives. There wasn't a flashy person in the bunch...just a lot of women who work day in and day out to create lives that are honoring to God. There was little to no pretense. I may have been one of the most guarded people there in some ways. It was a personal challenge to me to let my guard down and just be myself. I took the challenge and probably went a little to far considering I didn't change out of my pajama's on saturday until dinner. lol.

But I also had some great honest conversations with the ladies around me in regards to what is going on in my life, with where I am at with God, with what I want out of my relationships, all sorts of things were discussed. Heated discussions about the nature of God and the truth of his word, along with tears for the hard times just survived and the healing that comes from moments like these where you can be transparent with people who will turn with you to God for answers and peace.

Yes I scrapbooked. I got like 28 pages done. But I also took a deep breath, let it out and just enjoyed myself and let God speak to me. That was the true value of this weekend for my life.

4 comments:

Chris H. said...

Sounds like an immensely productive weekend - on many, many levels! Welcome back, Jamie :)

Lyndee said...

Sounds wonderful and like God is doing what He does so well. He touches us through others!
I am waiting for anything that even looks a little like a God moment....

Mrs. B. said...

I love this. You are so cute.

Addidaisy said...

So glad the weekend was good for you. I had so much fun -- so glad you were there to be a part of it. You're awesome!

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley