Monday, February 04, 2008

A Success

So this last weekend we had our annual We Love Kids Banquet...we called it our WLK Half Time Show. A sports theme seemed fitting since it fell on the weekend of the superbowl. Funny thing about that is that every year for every event we did, one of the guys I work with would have an epiphany moment for allllll of them and say "I've got it! we need to do a sports theme!" and he'd get shot down every time. I mean it could be the valentines banquet or a mother daughter tea and he'd say it should be a sports theme...we threw him for a loop this year and actually went for it before he even had his epiphany moment!
We ended up with 447 kids...which was a record for this event...a couple hundred volunteers and a great time was had by all. I actually can't believe how well it all went...there are always ways to improve any thing you do so of course we have our list for future planning but I was so pleased with how it all went.
I wish there was a way to capture what it feels like to be in a room with 447 kids and the energy that lights up every face. I took some pictures of course and they are fun to look at so enjoy and I am going to go stare or do something that requires little thought because I am still a little fried from all the fun!
(oh yeah...my costume was a t-shirt with boxing bunnies on it and some bunny ear thingies with foot balls on the ends...and some garland with footballs on it tucked into my belt loops...yeah...not really much of a plan went into what I wore this time around...but the little ones really dug my antanna's so it's all good)




2 comments:

Callie said...

So glad it went well. I looked for you on Saturday evening, but figured you were at the banquet. :) We should hang out soon.

Elaine said...

Congratulations! 447 kids. Seems like a great success. And not a single one got lost, eh?

Love the photos. Looks like it was a lot of fun.

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley