Wednesday, April 02, 2008

seriously?

I have the flu. Aching, fever, chills, runny nose, can't breathe, hurt all over flu.

And I am in a hotel room in Little Rock.

Sweet.

I had to cancel my first session I was to teach this morning because I can't quite pull it together. Someone is going to bring me some drugs and water and gatorade soon so maybe if I sleep a little more and take those I can pull it together long enough to do my two afternoon sessions.

The ironic thing about all of this is I told them a month back that I didn't think I should come because of all the health problems I've been dealing with lately and they were so insistent that I come. So here I am. All sick and stuff. I don't regret coming though because it has been very good for me to be here in a lot of ways. I may not be able to do the networking I want and I may have to cancel this first morning session but I am still thinking it has been a worthwhile investment of my time because it has given me some ideas and reinforced some of the things I know I'm good at but have forgotten about.

anyhow...I am going to blow my nose, put my wild hair in a pony tail and run down (more like walk slowly and lean against a wall now and again) and grab some food for breakfast because while I may be sick I still have a huge appetite! Which I am so thankful for because it was not that long ago I couldn't barely eat.

okay..here I go...

6 comments:

[not the] Best Blog Ever said...

Aw man. Seriously? No fun. Praying for you.

Burkinator said...

Ahhhh, I'm sorry! Prayer coming your way from Belfast, land of Drizzle.

caffiene chica said...

I can't believe how fast you got sick!!! Such a bummer! wILL MISS YOU TONIGHT!

Chris H. said...

Praying for you a speedy recovery, Jamie! Lay low, rest up, & take care of #1 ;)

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon Jamie! I had the flu a couple of weeks ago and it's not fun at all. I'm glad that you still have an apatite though =) I'll keep you in my prayers... and if you think of it could you keep me in yours? I'm going to the ENT tomorrow, chance I might have mastoiditis.

~Maura

Jamie Willow said...

thanks everyone. still pretty yuck here but resting.

I will definitely pray Maura. let me know how it turns out.

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley