Wednesday, June 25, 2008

amidst



"how we see ourselves changes how we see the world" -Numb3rs

Every day of my life seems to have a little of everything. Joys, disappointments, good things, bad things, hard things, fun things, positive thoughts, mean thoughts, negative reactions, laughter, smiles, and the list goes on.

It is always a choice.

What do I dwell on. Where do my thoughts land. What do I hold onto. What do I write about. What about each day defines it.

There are really crappy days and there's no getting around that but most of the time...there is something good each day to hold onto.

Tonight I was whisked away for a late night chat and dessert with girlfriends. I was able to tell them about the old biker man at menards who exclaimed "woah, what a babe" when I walked by him causing me to suppress great amounts of laughter. I was able to give last hugs and take some really funny cell phone pics that will someday come back to haunt them ;) hehe. I was able to forget about how much I detest going to home depot. I indulged in a little chocolate and fruit angel food cake thingy and shared the joys of adding angel hair pasta to the jack daniels chicken appetizer. This is where my thoughts are resting tonight as I relive my day.

We had a great conversation about how we are blessed to be able to go through hard times with the peace that comes from knowing you are in God's will even when you are in the midst of it all and trying to figure it out.

I was reminded and shared that every day there is something to dwell on that is positive and good, even if it's simple.

Which leads me to a scripture verse that I think every woman should commit to memory and take to heart.

Philippians 4:8
"whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."

It doesn't say that there won't be things that are ignoble, or wrong, or tainted, or ugly, or shameful, etc...it says to think about the other things and dwell on those.

Now that is a challenge if I ever heard one.

Anyone up for the challenge? I am!!!!

3 comments:

Addidaisy said...

Yes, life is good. You sum it up well.

Lori said...

Life is indeed good, and definitely - for the most part - a choice.

Thank you for your words of wisdom.

oregoncelticlady said...

Jamie, thank you for this post! It will give me and Sierra MUCH to think about! It is soooo easy to slip into negativity with all the poor behavavior around in our community and world!
Thanks!!

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley