Friday, June 06, 2008

a connection

I wrote my online profile and posted it. There were hopes for good responses, there was anticipation that there would be plenty of losers who would look at the profile too. I crafted the profile to show the good things, to share with the online world what I was looking for. I posted pictures that looked the best, or so I hoped.
And then the waiting. To see who, if anyone, would respond. And then the emails started pouring in. This person wants to meet. That person wants to meet. Are you free soon? When would work best? Here's what I think you would like about me...introductions over email.
I wait anxiously for first meetings. Will they be the one? Will they call if they are late? What happens next? How do I know it's them and not someone else? oh dear.
We meet, things seem good and then no second phone call.
We meet, I am so not interested and they are. figures.
We meet, they have dogs..not my thing but okay sure.
We meet and I send them an email the next day only to be told they are not interested.
Sometimes a meeting time is set and I was left waiting, waiting, waiting. Only to be stood up.

And then one day, they show up and it is love at first sight. For both. Second meetings are arranged, time is spent answering more questions and sharing. Before you know it you know that this is the one. This is the perfect fit.

I love a happy ending.

...any ideas what I'm writing about? just guess...

2 comments:

The Arnold Family said...

A job?
An interior decorator?
A cateror?

Mrs. B. said...

Yesss...love it. R.E.N.T.E.R.S.!!

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley