Monday, June 02, 2008

safe in the arms of love

I stood there holding my flowers, listening to the birds sing, smiling at my family as they all found a chair for the ceremony. My heart was in my throat and all of a sudden I realized that I had a long long long way to walk to get to my man. I listened for my cue of music, my sister and her guitar, and began the walk towards the man I have been walking towards my whole life.
I made fun of my little brother Ira at his wedding because he couldn't stand still the whole ceremony. And there I was, wiggling and fidgeting and swaying and hopping...just like him. Guess it serves me right. But man I was filled to overflowing with joy...and I couldn't help it.

I married Lance. I am married to Lance. Lance is my husband. Lance is my safe place. He is my world. He is my heart. He is my protection. My arms of love.

I was thrilled that the photographer captured his look of love as I was walking towards him. These are my two favorite pictures and I thought they should be the first ones I post. Believe me when I say there are a gazillion more but these are my two favorites.






2 comments:

Cookie M. said...

Beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

So true, my favorite pictures of Dale are those ones where someone has captured that smile. You know, the one that says, "I am completely happy being with you!"

Maylene

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley