Tuesday, June 03, 2008

tone



We set the tone for our wedding way ahead of time. Lance and I made an intentional decision to set a tone for our special time that included joy and flexibility. No stress, no drama, enjoy everyone and set aside any expectations we hadn't communciated clearly ahead of time. And by us doing that ourselves we were able to set a tone that allowed everyone who came and participated in our celebration the ability to do the same.

I did have one moment of stress when my hair was done but I didn't have my makeup on and thankfully my dear friend heidi grabbed a bag of Rieces Pieces and kept em coming while my friend Kristen stood next to me and laughed. It was just what I needed and before I knew it I was all dolled up and back to being stress free. Amazing what a little ET snackage will do for a girl. (80's reference)

I was so blessed to be able to spend the entire morning with Lance the day of our wedding. We got up early and headed around town and around the country side and just enjoyed eachother and the day. We stopped into this darling little consignment shop to look for something to put on my shoulders in case it was cold in the evening and I found the lovely red scarf I ended up wearing around my neck the whole time because it was just so perfect and really made the outfit. It was not part of any plan but because of the tone we set with being flexible I ended up with a lovely scarf that made everything prettier for me.

As I was rushing out of the hotel room all dolled up, all of the sisters who had arrived and my sister friends were there and at the last second Lance's sister, Barbara, asked if I had something "borrowed". I didn't have anything. She ran up to her room fast and brought down the most lovely bracelett, it was just perfect. If she had come down with something hideous I would have worn it too because truley it is the thought that counts and I was just so blessed she thought of me and was willing to participate in helping me find something "borrowed"...but lucky for me it was more than a little bit lovely.

Setting the tone for being relaxed made for some really special moments with all of the kids who were at the wedding. Nieces and nephews all running through fields of wild flowers, blowing bubbles, just enjoying nature and wide open space. Not getting in trouble for being kids. Giggles and smiles and mischief. It was wonderful.

Such an amazing day from start to finish.

1 comment:

Jamie E said...

Sounds so very lovely and perfect!

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley