Monday, July 07, 2008

"she must be a real princess"



So somewhere down the road my prince and I will be investing in a king sized bed. He didn't know when he married me that I was the princess from the princess and the pea story.


'Oh terribly bad!' said the princess. 'I have hardly closed my eyes the whole night! Heaven knows what was in the bed. I seemed to be lying upon some hard thing, and my whole body is black and blue this morning. It is terrible!

I have never truly slept well. It took me about 3 yrs to get it sorted out in my little house alone and now here I am in a new home, with new noises (there is a train somewhere near by...) and a sweet man laying next to me who breathes. Yup. I know, sleep freak. That's me.

So yesterday we began the process of finding a king sized bed. I must say it felt like something out of my imagination...my imagination inspired by mattress commercials over the years. I probably never would have imagined it otherwise...good job mattress marketers.

We laid on bed after bed after bed, I'd turn onto my left side to see if it would fall asleep and my hip would start hurting and he would check to see if his feet were above his heart. lol. How the sales lady kept her composure I do not know. And when he started rolling across all the beds we had already tried to retry them...I did not keep my composure. I giggled. Go figure.

It was a fun process. One I am sure we will repeat a few more times.

3 comments:

MauraW. said...

LOL... I giggled reading this. And to think you were worried that you wouldn't have anything really interesting to blog about!! This is just me, but if I were in the market for a new bed I'd either get one of those temperpedic ones or the select comfort or whatever it is where you select your own softness/hardness deals ;-)

[not the] Best Blog Ever said...

If you're looking at Sleep Numbers (which, btw, the hubs and I have and adore...), then I hear you can ask them at the stores about discounted merch that is from the previous year's line. Friends of ours have done it. We didn't learn about the trick until, of course, AFTER we'd bought it, but oh well... :)

Lyndee said...

Flower beds are easier. Sleeping in a room with others can take years to achieve for some and then there are those who just lie down and snore...Sigh...Your sensitivity came from my side believe me! Jack can just lie down and be gone.

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley