Saturday, August 02, 2008

comfort zone

I have climbed up a mountain.  I fed a horse a treat with his big slobbery lips all over my hands.  I have bug bites.  I even willingly went in a lake and swam around with a dog.

Don't worry friends and family, it is still me.

The whole time I was thinking about my favorite quote from Will and Grace  "It's a beautiful day, let's go to the movies!"

I'm not sure my husband really appreciates the comfort zones I have stepped out of this week.  All of this is normal for him. And like most people, their normal doesn't seem like it should be much of a stretch for others around them.  But it has most certainly been a stretch.  I have done it all and even enjoyed all of it to a point, I have tried to not complain at all and to participate as much as I can.  Although.  The mountain climbing did steal my smile.  

I am looking forward to tomorrow because we get to go to church and we get to fly in a little airplane.  I don't know if it will be a Ya Ya moment for me or not but it could be and that makes it something to look forward to.  

Here I am after climbing the mountain...right after we ran across the railroad bridge (I was very scared) because we heard a train coming (every movie where someone died on the tracks racing through my mind...fried green tomatoes anyone?!) and then ended up getting stuck for a long time waiting for the train to pass...which took a while because it came to a complete stop forcing us to just sit there and wait.


And here's the slobbery horse lips picture. Good times.

8 comments:

Chris H. said...

Good job being a trooper throughout, Jamie! That horse pic is classic :) Big smiles - tomorrow will be a great day...

Lyndee said...

Being stretched? Yup,that would be marriage in a good and bad way!

Burkinator said...

I love the TV and movie references. The thought of you doing any of those things makes me smile. Keep being a trooper! I'm very impressed and very proud of my Jamie Willow!

Callie said...

Love the horse picture... next time you're in Minne you'll have to go riding with me! :)

Sarah said...

I love the horse photo too! Way to get out of your comfort zones. I need to be better at doing that.

oregoncelticlady said...

gotta LOVE horse slobber!!!! =)

[not the] Best Blog Ever said...

I agree with your mom's comment above... It's all good! :)

BTW, you should be sure to ask Lance whether he *does* appreciate just how much you've stepped out of your comfort zones! LOL...

(p.s. I also had to smile big when I read the Will & Grace quote - love it!)

MauraW. said...

Love all the pictures!!

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley