Thursday, August 21, 2008

workin' woman

Find a job you like and you add five days to every week. ~H. Jackson Browne

I moved to Nashville with out a plan for work. There was just to much else on my plate to think of it and figure it out. So I prayed that God would go before me and work those details out on my behalf. And guess what? He most certainly did his part.

I will start this Sunday. It is part time. I will be the Kidz World Coordinator for the Nashville campus of Crosspoint Community Church. It's a mouthful. But a job I am surely equipped for. As for the details of what all my job will entail. I'll let you know :) I'll be training with someone the next two weeks and should have a pretty good handle on it all by then.
What I do know is that this church is somewhere I instantly felt at peace with. I am enjoying the messages and the people I have met so far and it seems to be a place where Loving God and Loving People is most important and since those are the greatest commandments it is easy to sign up to be a part of it all.

So, say a little prayer for me as I start something new.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Jamie! It sounds like it's right up your alley, and I know you'll do great. I'm glad the church feels right. Wouldn't want anything less for you!

Natasha

Lyndee said...

You are organized, focused, talented, professional and have vast training and experience so it will go well...with the speed bumps all jobs throw at us. Divine help is all that is needed so you got my prayers!

[not the] Best Blog Ever said...

Wow! Cool, congrats! Does this church know what a wonderful perfect-for-the-job asset they are getting in you? Ha - doubt it! However, they will no doubt soon be thinking "WOW, God you really came through on this one!"

Mrs. B. said...

Congrats! I didn't know you'd accepted it and everything! Yay for new adventures! You'll be fantastical.

O My Blog! said...

I knew it!! God has big plans for you there. Congrats, Jamie!

Jenni Catron said...

I'm so excited you are joining the team! So excited!

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley