Wednesday, June 10, 2009

shot through the heart

I knew I was nervous for my sons first shots...I just didn't realize how emotional it would be for me to see him getting his shots. Lance held him on the table and the nurse did her thing and I stood there with my hands clenched and tears in my eyes...I scooped him up right away and nursed him which seemed to help him calm down a ton.

I do not like seeing my child in pain. It is one thing for an accident to happen and a little pain inflicted, it is another to hold him down while someone hurts him on purpose. dang I felt bad. I know he needs his shots and that they are keeping him from worse things than a little needle but man oh man...not easy.

It made me think of this song...
I know there are harder more painful things in life than shots...I guess I have to start giving Judah to the Lord right away for even the little things so that when bigger things come along I am good at trusting him into the care of a loving heavenly father.

Prayers for this Child
Sara Groves

I do not know how I am to pray for this child
as a mother I don't want my baby denied
but in the waiting in the waiting
I learned

every instinct in me wants to shield him from pain
take the arrows of misery heartache and blame
but in the sorrow in the sorrow
I learned to hold on

I only have two eyes - be all seeing
I only have two hands - be everywhere
I do not know enough - to be all knowing
I give this baby up into your care

I do not know how, how to pray for this child
I want to guard her from everything wicked and wild
but in the trial in the trial
I learned to hold on
And in the trial, in the trial
I learned to hold on to the heart of God

1 comment:

Mrs. B. said...

So good, Jamie. Doesn't Sarah just have a knack for writing it exactly as it is...and so beautifully. :)

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley