Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy 4th!


July 4th is my favorite holiday after Christmas.  I heart fireworks.  

I knew that tonight I wouldn't be going out, Judah's got a cold and needs his routine and his sleep.  I wondered if it would be memorable or any different from every other day...I wanted it to be...lucky for me the big guy upstairs has a way of hearing my prayers and delivering.

Today's holiday was celebrated with the power going out while I was giving Judah Booda his nightly bath...needless to say his hair didn't get washed...I was just glad I could still see he was there by the light coming in through the window :)  The power stayed out and I put his jammies on in the dark, not easy but I did it!  Then we lit some candles and Judah had his first candle light dinner ;-)  
The power finally came back on and it became clear that God had his own fireworks planned...lighting is lovely when it's far enough away :)  I also caught a glimpse of the down town fireworks from the upstairs bedroom and ended up watching the news coverage of the weather downstairs and got a good view of the televised fireworks.
I made myself a nice dinner of rice noodles (pretty much rice can be made into anything...) and a great tomato sauce with veggies and meat added.  Yum.  In fact I think I will now stop blogging and go eat some more.  
All in all it has turned out to be a memorable holiday :)

I am so thankful for my freedom.  I am so thankful for those who made it possible.







God Bless The USA
by Lee Greenwood

If tomorrow all the things were gone,
I’d worked for all my life.
And I had to start again,
with just my children and my wife.

I’d thank my lucky stars,
to be livin here today.
‘Cause the flag still stands for freedom,
and they can’t take that away.

And I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

From the lakes of Minnesota,
to the hills of Tennessee.
Across the plains of Texas,
From sea to shining sea.

From Detroit down to Houston,
and New York to L.A.
Well there's pride in every American heart,
and its time we stand and say.

That I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

And I’m proud to be and American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

1 comment:

Lyndee said...

I love it that God is such a personal God and gives us the desires of our heart on occasion. Bless you kiddo!

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley