Monday, July 06, 2009

simple things

I have a love for dishes. Yup. Dishes. I love them. I crave them. I admire them when they belong to others. I wish everyone ate dinner off of beautiful things. I endeavor that when someone is in my home they have a lovely dining experience if at all possible.

I bought some dishes I love at Target a couple years back, I only bought the plates and the salad plates...I didn't really have the funds to buy them all. But I am not a dishes snob, I will take them in parts if I love them :) It has turned out to be quite a fun scavenger hunt to find pieces that "match" and by match I mean, look good together and have the same flair. Lance and I found some amazing serving dishes right when we got married and have enjoyed using them this past year...we got them on sale at a dept store. We have found pieces at yard sales, second hand stores and places like TJ Max.

Today we found yet another darling piece to our dishes puzzle. 4 cups and saucers and a serving plate. Perfect for tea and dessert...ahhh...have I mentioned how much I love dishes? and how fabulous it is to buy all these today for like 15$ makes them even sweeter to eat off of :)

My husband humors my love of dishes and agreed right away when I offered to get rid of something to make room for the new matchy matchy dishes.

Here is a picture I took with my phone...hard to see the actual color...they are golden and lovely. Anyone want to stop by for tea?

8 comments:

Lyndee said...

dishes are adorable
dishes are delighful
a pretty table is a sight to behold
yes, dishes can be alluring!
I am in complete agreement!

Rae Nolt said...

How fun, Jamie!

I know of a lady who LOVES dishes too. She told me she buys a new set each season. Then boxes them up and gives them away. I was hoping to be her lucky give-away girl. :)

Your dishes are very cute! Oh, I'd love to come for tea! Thanks!

Mrs. B. said...

Oh Jamie...those dishes are wonderful. :) And the price...even better!
I love the new blog look.

Lady Carmen said...

This is good to know! I thought I was strange to be excited about buying my first set of dishes while I was away at school this year, but I was thrilled. :) It took me about 15 minutes to decide and I finally picked out some off-white ones with sprigs of green and pale, red flowers. My two friends shopping with me could not understand my excitement. I love them. Teehee...

Katee Grace said...

oh what beautiful treasures!!! Oh my mind wanders onto the sweet times you will have with these... would love to read and see photos about the first time you use thme?:)

Jamie Willow said...

Katee Grace, thanks for the comment...do I know you in real life? or just in the blogasphere? I enjoyed looking at your photography!
And yes, I will post about my dishes first outting :)

smiles,

Jamie

Jennalu said...

At first I had to stop and look to see if I was reading your blog or your mom's! I agree!!!!!!!!!! Dishes are so delightful, especially when you have several sets to give away and then you get a really sweet set from your brother-in-law! That's what happened to me. I still have lots to get rid of in this rummage that seems like it will never happen. Only two years ago since the last one. Yikes!!!!!!!!!

Jamie Willow said...

Jenna...she is my mom :) her and my love of dishes is in our blood :)

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley