Friday, November 27, 2009

mama bear




I finally know first hand what the mama bear feeling is. If I even think someone is going to hurt my baby I go into mama bear mode. It is cellular. I almost can't think straight. Now it's not like anything specific has happened or I imagine it will but there are little things that have happened that I can feel are just the start of a mama bear moment. I would be very afraid to be the person to actually fully awaken the mama bear in me.

And this is just in regards to my son.

I feel similar things in regards to others I love. Like my husband for instance. If you mess with him...you get mama bear. If you mess with one of my siblings...mama bear. Don't even think about messing with my parents. ma ma beaaar. yup. I guess when I love you it is fierce. And others need to know that too. I'm generally easy to get along with and not confrontational...but hurt someone I love and all bets are off.

maybe having my own baby has heightened the mama bear sense in me. I feel it more now than ever.

can you relate?

1 comment:

Jamie E said...

I can totally relate. Without going into it entirely, I have had moments when I thought I might actually hurt someone. Then I breathe and realize some people are just jerk wads.

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley