Thursday, January 07, 2010

My leading man...

For some reason when I got Mono back in...07 was it? sheesh. losing my memory now. awesome. anyhow, for some reason when I got mono (whenever that was) I lost some of my ability to track with my eyes. I don't know exactly why but I just lost all interest in reading because it was so much work to read and re read things and lose my spot, etc.

I used to read a book a week, some times a book a day. I am a sucker for a nice cheesy romance. I love those christian books that have 4 short love stories in them. Total cheese and so fun.

Anyhow....I met Lance around that time as well, we got married in 08 and now here it is 2010 and I have finally started reading a little bit. Nothing serious as I am warming up to it again. I have read a couple mystery type books and a couple of those collection of short stories I mentioned already.

Now seeing as how I have not read a romance novel since pre lance, I was noticing as I was reading these silly love stories all centered around the christmas season, that instead of imagining the character being described, every leading man in these books turns into Lance in my minds eye. It is quite an interesting thing to read all these fun light hearted silly romance stories and imagine that they are happening to me, with Lance as my leading man.

I of course prefer our real life love story...but it is kinda fun to read my DH into these short stories too :)

Just a kind of silly observation I made tonight as I read one of them while taking a nice hot bubble bath. The very best way to read if I may say so myself.


1 comment:

Burkinator said...

Must've been 2007, b/c I had it in 2008 and you had it a yr before me. Remember you saying you couldn't read when I commented that the upside was that you could finally read all day. I lost a lot of reading steam, too, post-mono but not sure why ...

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley