Friday, March 19, 2010

you snooze you lose




Once upon a time I woke up every single day to the harsh beeping of an alarm clock...I would strategically place it across the room so I would "have" to get up. Honestly...I do not remember hitting the snooze button at least the first 2x every morning before consciousness arrived...and even after somewhat conscious I would hit it another 2 or 3 times....the feeling of crawling back into bed after traveling across the room to stop the annoying sound was such a wonderful feeling.

Oh to have a snooze button again.

Now I have a new alarm clock. His name is Judah Byrd Lockhart. He does NOT have a snooze button. And sometimes he goes off in the middle of the night. Sometimes he goes off a couple times in the middle of the night. And guaranteed my little alarm goes off at 8:00am (thank God for daylight savings...it used to be 7:00am). I guess in a way I do have a bit of a snooze button with him in the morning...I bring him into bed and nurse him and while he nurses I catch a last couple minutes of shut eye. That is until he sticks his fingers up my nose or tries to pull my lips off...

My old alarm clock wasn't nearly as cute as this one. Nor was it as effective. And it was way more annoying.

I like my new little alarm....even if he doesn't have a snooze button :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I like mine too. He will be your alarm clock for years to come!! All my kids are early risers, but at least I get a lot done :) I laughed at the pulling your lips off- Audry does the sane dang thing. Man that hurts!

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley