Monday, May 03, 2010

a little closer

When there is a disaster, or a tragedy, or a loss...I think of those closest to me.

This week in Nashville we have experienced a huge natural disaster of flooding.

This week I went to a funeral for a friends mother in law...such a sad loss.

This week I have friends experiencing major tragedies in the loss of homes, cars, belongings, livelihoods.


It makes me want to hug those I love a little closer. Judah probably feels a little smothered over the last few days with all the extra hugs and kisses he's gotten. I have never cried so much as worrying about Lance traveling in the flooding conditions. I made him hug me a few extra times when I finally got him back. I think he was rolling his eyes but it was a great moment for me to have him safe at home.

It makes me want to hug those I love a little closer. Only problem is, most of those I love don't live near by so it's all phone calls and internet. Which for the most part is sufficient, it eases the ache of wanting people closer.

But there is one ache that can't be eased as easily. The one where I haven't seen my dad in over a year...since Judah was born. He doesn't use a computer, he can't text and he can't even hear me to talk on the phone. I am completely cut off from him. I guess in normal day to day life I don't feel it as strongly. But in the midst of this week in Nashville...I am feeling it. He has dementia so even time spent with him in person isn't the same. But at least I can hug him. I miss that. I miss my mom too, I was blessed to see her recently in St.Louis...I think that may have been the longest I have gone between times of seeing her too. But like I said, phone and internet take that sting away. Thank God for that.

It will be interesting to see how Nashville will do in the very near future and how it will fare in the long term. I can't imagine it will be easy.

Lance, Judah and I went out today for a bit of sight seeing. I feel bad even saying that but it was so nice to get out of the house...being here alone for several days with out even the option of a change of scenery had me at my wits end...anyhow, we took a ton of photo's. I will try to post some in the next couple days so you can see what I saw. hopefully my mom will show my dad those photo's and he can at least get a little glimpse into what I am doing, even if I can't talk to him. And God willing I will see him soon if things go as planned.

2 comments:

Jennalu said...

God bless you Jamie! I am praying all does go as planned and that you can come see your mom and dad. I know that they love you beyond words. I talk to your dad about you and he smiles. I am so blessed to be here, working a long side your mom. She blesses me and I just want her to know how much I love her and your dad. I want her to know how much I appreciate her and your dad too! I love you Jamie and pray for you to come visit soon with your family! God bless you!

Cherish said...

My prayers are with you and your family, Jamie!

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley