Saturday, May 22, 2010

my mom would be so proud



I hate the idea of being horrified into making a decision. Which is what I think a lot of the latest movies and books try to do...there may be some nuggets of education mixed in but not enough for me to sit through and feel manipulated...just my humble opinion as i am seeing this issue of food becoming a "hot topic". My mom has been getting on me to watch some documentaries and tv shows about meat and I just flat out told her I was not interested and to quit talking to me about it. I was probably a little rude. Others have also tried to get me to watch these movies and read these books and such...I just couldn't get into it.

So time to eat my words. lol. sorry mom!!! just keep reading...you will be so proud...

One of the girls from my moms bible study is doing a Veggie CSA (community supported agriculture) and she is going to be out of town for a few weeks this summer and offered her weeks worth of veggies for free to whoever of us wanted it, so I signed up for a week. It got me thinking that maybe she would know of a place to do something similar with meat...because as much as I don't indulge in the topic I am aware of it.

One of the other girls in the group also replied to the email about doing a week of the veggies and then asked if any of us were interested in sharing a meat CSA membership. This was last week. I said that I was interested and what did she know about it. By the end of the day she had emailed me with a whole plan for it but the deadline was the next day. It is 600$ for a 6 month commitment, we'd pay half and get half the meat...so around 10-11 lbs of meat for each family each month.

I didn't know what Lance would think since we have NEVER talked about it, but I shot him an email and he called me early the next morning and said he thought it was a great idea, his family did it when he was growing up and he is all about it. which I thought was funny cause I had no idea. the things we learn about our spouses every day

So I called my friend and we worked it out where she would pick the meat up each month (local delivery at one of the farmers markets), although this month I did the pick up since she was out of town.

So here I go being all trendy and stuff...I am also going to maybe figure out about doing the veggie one next time around. I like the idea of all this clean eating and supporting local agriculture. And I feel like I'm making an informed decision and a good choice for us and it was not because I watched something like Super Size Me (I still eat at McDonalds every so often...)

Here's the place we are using. It's called Peaceful Pastures. How cute is that?

When I picked the meat up today they also gave me a bar of homemade soap and a dozen eggs. I could get used to this ;-)

Now to figure out how to cook it...lol...I'll let ya know how it goes...

2 comments:

Burkinator said...

We're planning to do a veggie CSA. And now you have me interested in the meat idea ...

O My Blog! said...

Let me know how to cook it too!

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley