Thursday, May 13, 2010

a taste






So I was going to go thru and post all the flood photo's I took...only problem is I took WAY to many. And then I was going to pear it down and I had over 60...that is just to many photo's for a blog. So if you aren't already my facebook friend, friend me and you can look thru my albums. OR...and I am a little happy about this but I won't be obnoxious...you can go to the Billy Graham website and see a good amount of my photo's that I was HIRED to take. Yes, you read that right. Remember this little post? Not that long ago I shared about a dream I have, and already I have had movement. I believe this movement is God driven and a confirmation that I am pointed in the right direction.

One of my besties works for Decision Magazine and she got ahold of me and asked if the people from her internet dept could use any of my photo's of the flooding. She hadn't seen them yet but figured I had some. lol. well, I had gotten a TON of great ones and her internet dept folks went crazy for them. They liked them so much that they hired me to go out with their chaplains (yesterday) and take more. So I spent all day yesterday following these beautiful people around as they were praying for folks and giving people bibles who lost everything in the floods, it was a great day. Well, the Decision Magazine folks liked what I did yesterday and they are now hiring me to go around with Kristen who is coming on Sunday for a few days, to take more photo's with her for a 2 page spread in the next issue. AND their creative services dept loved one of the pics I took yesterday and it is going on a publication/flyer they are creating that will go out to 250,000 people.

I have to say, this is just a silver lining. I am feeling the responsibility of clearly helping communicate to people who are not in Nashville, what is happening here. I believe if people understand clearly then they will do something to help. The devastation is wide spread and deep. The clean up is going on and that is a good thing, rebuilding has not even begun and who knows how long it will take.

It is more than a little overwhelming to look back through the photo's. It is all still so fresh. I think as I feel the muse of writing and blogging I will add in more pictures and stories of what I have seen and heard since all the flooding began. Until then here is a small taste.






1 comment:

Cherish said...

That is so great to hear about your pictures! Congrats!! Looking at the pictures; however, reminds me of what we went through when Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Gustav hit us here in the South. I really feel for Nashville and am praying for ya'll. My heart goes out to you.

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley