Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"el eh opta?"

Any toddler translators out there know what my blogpost title means? :) Judah says this little word about 1,000,000x every day. And if we are in the back yard he says it even more often because he is always looking for an "el eh opta" in the sky...

usually followed up by the phrase "ed iiih go?" and if I say "no Judah, there is no 'el eh opta'" he then asks if there are any "ah pains" cause he loves him some "ah pains". And if I say "no Judah, there is no 'ah pain'" he then asks if there are any "cars"...well, you don't need a translator for that one. He says it clear as day over and over and over and over and over and over and over....and when I tell him that "yes Judah, there is a car" he gets super excited, claps and says "yay!" haha. I love it.

I admit, I think it is cute. I do get a little weary of it at times but he is just so serious about it all and really wants to know. Plus he can tell the difference between an "el eh opta" and an "ah pain" not only by what he sees but by the sounds they make. It is pretty cool.

Here is a series of photo's of him and you can pretty much imagine what he is saying by his face and expressions...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(can you see that bright red gum where his molar is pushing through? poor kid...it is taking forever...)
Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Burkinator said...

Meant to tell you that we live under a medical helicopter flight path. Chances are, there will be an el eh opta sighting while you're here. : )

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley