Friday, November 12, 2010

My sweet angel baby

I was fighting off a really bad headache after a really fun day, I was moments
from going to sleep...when I heard Judah making noises like he was choking or
coughing or something...I rushed into his nursery and thus began
one of the longest mommy nights I have experienced yet.
I won't bore you with the gory details because they were not pleasant...
but I will share a few photos of the sweetest little face I have ever seen.


I made the executive decision to bring him into bed with me.
Who knew a tiny little man could take up an entire King sized bed.


Before the night was over I had about 2 huge piles of laundry to wash,
we had taken a bath and had both changed our clothes several times.
But I didn't care, I just wanted him to feel better.


I put a plea out on my facebook page for other mommy's to give me advice...I was relieved to
find I was doing some things the way I should, and eternally grateful for the tips
to do other things I hadn't thought of.
It is nice to be a part of a community of moms who care for each other.
I am grateful for my online community of friends.


Eventually Mr. Sweet Face here was able to fall asleep for real, so I moved him back into his
crib for a few hours so that I could also get a little sleep...I have never been able to fully sleep
when he was right by me...and for both our good, I needed to get at
least a couple hours of sleep.


Unfortunately even after a few hours of good sleep and what seemed like a
great morning, we had a repeat episode of the not so fun getting sick
stuff again right after our bath to remove the craziness of the night. Go figure
So another load of laundry, more snuggles and lots of TLC is how the day ended.
I am SO thankful that we are still bfeeding...cause that is the only thing that little
man has kept down. And that is how I know he isn't dehydrating and will be okay.
So much peace of mind.


The silver lining of a sick angel baby is the extra snuggles. I cherish those moments.

Praying that tonight is much less eventful.


Katie said...

Poor Judah-Bear. :( He's gorgeous, even when sleeping and sick! I hope he's better soon. There just isn't much you can do when they are sick with a stomach bug. I saw on your FB lots of advice. My. dr's office nurse told me to give Luc NOTHING for 12 hours the last time he had a puking illness. I ignored that advice because I worried about dehydration. Being a mommy is hard, and those nights are never fun. I will pray he is back to his normal self ASAP. And that you all have a better night's rest tonight!

Sarah said...

Oh I so know that feeling. You cannot sleep because you want to be sure they are ok. I always being my kids into bed with me when they are vomiting. I can be there the instant they feel sick, and tell them it is okay. One one the hardest parts of being a mom, hands down.


So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley