Saturday, December 18, 2010

Advent!

So in perusing a ton of lovely blogs, I have seen so many amazing advent ideas. From ladders with tin buckets hanging off of them, to mittens strung across a fireplace, to paper ring chain countdowns, to adorable paper clipped to felt trees with clothes pins...oh the creative ways to do advent are endless...and inspiring...but alas. I have a toddler who wouldn't know the difference and has no care for what an advent assignment would mean...so no cute notes saying "bake cookies" or "write santa a letter" or "visit the elderly" etc...instead...

Trusty Trader Joe's Chocolate windows! Our advent is simple and sweet.

Every day Judah enjoys the ritual of getting his little handful of chocolate. And it is adorable. I finally took some pics of it today...here's the play by play...it takes all of 30 seconds each day so the fact that I got 6 pictures out of the deal is pretty good :)

I'm pretty sure we have skipped a day or two...which works out just fine cause we aren't really celebrating christmas until a couple days after anyhow...so it works out in the end.

Photobucket

Thank you Trader Joe for selling these beauties for .99 cents :)

Photobucket

First Judah opens the door...

Photobucket

Revealing the Chocolate!

Photobucket

He puts his flat hand on the chocolate window and we turn the advent
calendar upside down until it drops out into his sweet little hand!

Photobucket

And then it vanishes...

Photobucket

And then Judah plays with the open doors.

I was kind of surprised that Judah gets the concept of this being only 1 time a day.
I leave it out on the counter in plain site and he doesn't try to get at it once we have
done advent. He calls it "hand" cause of putting his hand on the chocolate window :)
haha. It's adorable.

Some day I will do a more creative and crafty advent, but for now this is working out just fine!

What do you do for advent? Or what do you want to do...

2 comments:

Beth said...

We do a calendar like this too - at least for this year. Agree that it's fun for a toddler (and mama, too!). In upcoming years we'll get more creative and do the fun stuff I see reported over on Ashley's (and other's) blog...

Love these pics!

Becca Groves said...

I love that he calls it "Hand"

...that is hysterical!

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley