Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Decorating Extravaganza!

It has taken me AGES to get in the mood to decorate for christmas. I kept saying "I'll decorate tonight" or "I'll decorate tomorrow" for like...well...since Thanksgiving...so a long time.

But finally, yesterday morning, I woke up and said "Today is the day!" And before I got out of my jammies, before I even ate breakfast...I pulled out all the lights and decorations and went to town...

Photobucket

Judah loved the tree and decorations, he stood in front of the tree and said "cheeeeeeeeeese!"
until I took his picture. He instinctually knew it was a photo op :) That's my boy!
(notice his bandaid leg...poor kiddo had to get shots this week...)

Photobucket

I was happy that Judah was so gentle with the tree and the ornaments. So I took the opportunity to dress Judah in some adorable christmas jammies and we spent the rest of the day adding ornaments and moving them around on the tree (Judah did the moving them around part...not so much me...ha!)

Photobucket

Santa's lil helper diaper butt...oh mywordIcouldjusteathimupadorable!

Photobucket

Can you tell he was enjoying himself?!

Photobucket

Judah loves to be a helper...I am happy to have his help. It makes things so much more fun!

Photobucket

Look at how seriously he takes tree decorating...I think he is part elf :)
He was doing such a good job taking his little fingers and pulling the loop apart so he could
actually hang the ornaments off the ends of the branches...
I was impressed with his small motor skills. I know, only a mommy would say something like
that "adorable fine motor skillz...my baby!"

Photobucket

He even got around to the back of the tree...intense tree decorating 101.

Photobucket

back to the bin to investigate and find more ornaments to put on the tree!

Photobucket

Next up was our little christmas forest. Judah turned around and did his "cheeeeeeese!"
for me again...and later when he saw this picture of himself he started laughing and said
"cheese!" cause he officially likes his cheese smile. haha. I like it too.

Photobucket

Here he is kissing a snow man :)

Photobucket

Here are all the ornaments he put on the tree...they were all in the same spot of course.

Photobucket

We need to replace the lights in this snowman, it is cute and about the same size as Judah.
I think they will get along just fine! A play mate for Judah!

Photobucket

Later that night we came home from errands to a dark house with beautifully lit christmas trees. Oh we love them! I decorated a second tree while Judah was napping. The one in the background has the 12 days of christmas balls on it. I adore that little tree.

Photobucket

And what's not to love about a fiberglass optic Angel?! hello!

Photobucket

Today we finally got around to decorating our Christmas Forest. It doesn't have lights but it is
filled with all sorts of glittery stars and baubles and some of our favorite airplane ornaments.

Photobucket

Judah's adorable curls from the top :)

Photobucket

Isn't it delightful!

Photobucket

We certainly enjoyed our Christmas Decorating Extravaganza!
It took me a while to get in the spirt of christmas, but I am happy that my house now
looks ready for the holidays! Oh, and it smells good too...festive candles burning endlessly
keep the christmas aromas wafting through the house...oh I love it!

Have you decorated yet? Am I the last one to get the tree up and glowing?

5 comments:

roundtwowithyou said...

Beautiful!

Lyndee said...

Lovely and fun and good memories with your boy! He is a delight and it tickled my fancy to see him be so careful and intent when hanging the ornaments. Small motor skills are a fine thing in his list of skills! Charmer,loveable,full of fun, smart as a whip and dextrous! Oh that is just the short list....

The Little House That Grew said...

Those are the moments that you could take 500 pictures and still feel like a better one id right around the corner. What a fun time for you guys. I can tell you were totally in the moment....loving each one!
Lisa

Beth said...

Park just started to say "CHEESE!" and smile for the camera, too! Love it. :)

bluecottonmemory said...

Beautiful Christmas! Adorable little guy jammies! I so miss when my guys would wear stuff like that! It took me awhile to get Christmas up and going - but we finally made it! In our house, you can kind of tell if the Happy Mommy Spirit is about - 'cause candles are burning, and it smells like Christmas:)

Merry Christmas!

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley