Thursday, December 23, 2010

I'll wash my hair with snow...

This makes me (roll my eyes) laugh, and makes me kind of happy all at the same time...I would enjoy an actual white christmas. Just so long as it doesn't stop Lance from making it home christmas night...

Event: Special Weather Statement
Alert: ...POTENTIAL EXISTS FOR FIRST MEASURABLE SNOWFALL ON CHRISTMAS IN 17 YEARS...

A STORM SYSTEM WILL MOVE THROUGH THE SOUTHERN ROCKIES AND INTO
THE SOUTHERN PLAINS TONIGHT BEFORE HEADING INTO THE SOUTHEASTERN
STATES THIS WEEKEND INCLUDING MIDDLE TENNESSEE.
MOISTURE WILL BE DRAWN NORTH AHEAD OF THE LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM AS
COLDER AIR SINKS SOUTHWARD. A MIX OF SNOW...SLEET...AND RAIN IS
EXPECTED FRIDAY NIGHT...WITH SNOW CONTINUING INTO SUNDAY. AT THIS
TIME...AN ACCUMULATING SNOW IS EXPECTED WITH UP TO TWO INCHES OVER
MOST PARTS OF THE MID STATE AND BETWEEN THREE...AND AS MUCH AS
FIVE INCHES IN SOME LOCATIONS ACROSS NORTHERN PORTIONS OF THE
CUMBERLAND PLATEAU...BY LATE SUNDAY. SOME UNCERTAINTY STILL REMAINS
IN THE EVENTUAL TRACK OF THE STORM SYSTEM AND SNOW AMOUNTS.
PEOPLE PLANNING TRAVEL ON CHRISTMAS EVE OR CHRISTMAS DAY...MAY
WANT TO CONSIDER TRAVELING EARLIER...PERHAPS TONIGHT OR FRIDAY AS
IT APPEARS THE WINTRY PRECIPITATION COULD BEGIN IN MIDDLE
TENNESSEE AS EARLY AS LATE FRIDAY AFTERNOON...AS ROAD CONDITIONS
WILL LIKELY DETERIORATE QUICKLY ONCE THE SNOW BEGINS.
THERE HAVE BEEN ONLY NINE CHRISTMASES WITH MEASURABLE AMOUNTS OF SNOW SINCE SNOWFALL RECORD KEEPING BEGAN IN NASHVILLE BACK IN THE WINTER OF 1884 AND 1885. THE LAST TIME MEASURABLE SNOW FELL ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN NASHVILLE WAS IN 1993 WHEN THREE TENTHS OF AN
INCH WAS MEASURED. TRACE AMOUNTS OF SNOW FELL ON CHRISTMAS IN
2002. STATISTICALLY THERE IS ONLY A 7 PERCENT CHANCE OF MEASURABLE
SNOW ON ANY GIVEN CHRISTMAS. THE MOST SNOW EVER TO FALL ON
CHRISTMAS IN NASHVILLE IS 2.7 INCHES IN 1969.


Sing it with me now:
Snow
It won't be long before we'll all be there with snow
Snow
I want to wash my hands, my face and hair with snow

Snow
I long to clear a path and lift a spade of snow
Snow
Oh, to see a great big man entirely made of snow

Where it's snowing
All winter through
That's where I want to be
Snowball throwing
That's what I'll do
How I'm longing to ski
Through the snow-oh-oh-oh-oh

Those glist'ning houses that seem to be built of snow
Snow
Oh, to see a mountain covered with a quilt of snow

What is Christmas with no snow
No white Christmas with no snow
Snow

I'll soon be there with snow
I'll wash my hair with snow
And with a spade of snow
I'll build a man that's made of snow
I'd love to stay up with you but I recommend a little shuteye
Go to sleep
And dream
Of snow

1 comment:

Burkinator said...

Oh. MY. WORD. I am watching White Christmas right now and they are singing that song. How funny! And the weather people in NC and VA are doing the same thing.

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley