Swagbucks is basically a search engine where you win stuff...
1. The search engine is available on the swagbucks home page and on the tool bar. I search every day in the morning and in the evening...I don't always win twice in one day but often times I do if I space out my searching. I try to actually search things I need...like my yahoo email or facebook or if I am looking up trivia etc. It is not the best search engine but it is nice because it brings up different things than google and sometimes that is helpful. The few times I have tried to just search until I win something I have accidentally "over searched" and they ban you from using the search engine for a few hours...so try to search "naturally".
2. Every day I go to "Special Offers" and click on the little No Obligations Offers banner and then "skip" all the ads...this will earn you 2 or 3 sb (swagbucks) every day. You can only do it once a day.
3. Also if you go to "Special Offers" sometimes on Wall 2 there are video's you can watch to win easy sb. These come and go. The Video's on Wall 2 only credit you swagbucks once. On the Swagbucks home page there is a special offer section and every day there are video's to watch, these you can watch over and over until they disappear. And they will re-appear every day or so so keep checking. I check for them daily just in case.
4. Codes are sometimes available...it is important to know you are not allowed to post or share a code with someone else...it can get your account deactivated. A lot of the codes are time sensitive and they change every 15 seconds so you have to copy and paste them quickly or they will appear to not work...just refresh and get the newest code and you will be fine. (Hope that makes sense) This keeps people from emailing or posting them, etc.
5. Codes are available via...Twitter, the Blog, the swidget, in the tool bar(From TSG messages) or on the Facebook fan page. Usually I check the fan page first because you will see lots of people saying "Thank you TSG" (TSG is The Swag Guy) Also, if you have the swidget you can check it and it will give you hints as to where to look for the codes. You are allowed to give your sb friends hints to find the codes...just don't tell them the actual code.
6. Download the Tool Bar. I should have put this first. It makes doing everything else very easy. Plus you earn anywhere from 1-4 sb every day when you use it. There is an icon that says "From TSG" and this is another spot codes appear...TSG puts emails into this inbox once in a while. The Tool Bar also makes it easy to shortcut to get to pretty much everything else sb related.
7. Referrals are a great way to earn sb. Every referral you get that is active is a great thing! You get a 100% match on their points from all of their searches up to 1000sb. You don't get the sb from their codes and other things, just their searches...but if they are active users then they will add to your total which is great!
8. You can also do facebook connect between Swagbucks and facebook...that way when you do something on sb you can let your friends know. You then have to post your referral link as a comment on each post...that will help you get more friends to sign up hopefully :) Your referral link is located on the "Promote" page.
9. There is also a Shop and Earn feature...basically if you go through Swagbucks to get to the online stores you were already going to shop at, you earn 2sb for every 1$ you spend. It has a ton of stores that participate...I am guessing this is the whole reason this site even exists...but what do I know.
10. Why do all of this?! To earn prizes of course! I personally am trying to earn Amazon gift cards. So far I have earned 85$ of real money on amazon...and I've been doing this for about 3 months so far. So not bad. With prizes, you can redeem two of the same prize in one day...5 of the same prize in one month. This really only matters if you are raking in the sb's...I'll let ya know if I ever get to that point. ha!
So there ya go...that is what I know...I'm sure there is more to learn...but for now that is probably enough :) If you want to join Swagbucks then please sign up by clicking on one of the links in this blog...that way you are one of my referrals...and then tell others about it so you can get some referrals too!