Saturday, January 08, 2011

The Christmas Chronicles Part 2, A white Christmas & Gifts Galore!

I already posted about our Christmas Eve experience, but I didn't include some of the fun pictures from Christmas Eve Day that I took...and the fun pics from the middle of the night when the snow was coming down and of course our Christmas Day! So here goes! Lots of photos...and this is not even a tenth of the ones I took...that will be saved to torture someone evil some day...haha...even I don't like looking at that many pics. This is a much more manageable selection, and the fam will love it :)


Photobucket

For days before Christmas, Judah enjoyed stacking the gifts like blocks and sitting on them and he even fell through one box when he stood on it. It was pretty funny. It was nice that he didn't know about opening them, I didn't have to worry about that this time around...next year I anticipate hiding the gifts until the night of christmas...

Photobucket

Judah especially loved the gift bags cause they had handles to carry around the house...

Photobucket

Miss Brandy came to spend Christmas with us. She lives in Virginia and is going to school and needed the break! Judah was super happy to have her here! He called her "Bandy" and wanted to be by her all the time.

Photobucket

Friends!

Photobucket

Christmas eve and we were ready!

Photobucket

All the pretty paper!

Photobucket

One last shopping trip before the big day. We were searching for one more of the Matchy Matchy shirts...we ended up buying the only one they had right off of a mannequin!

Photobucket

We have a time gap in the pictures here, I already blogged about the really lovely Christmas Eve service we attended....and after we got home and Judah was tucked in...I grabbed my camera and took a few pictures of the snow! I wasn't sure it would stick...I'm glad it did! First time it snowed on Christmas in 17 yrs. Nashvillians were going crazy.

Photobucket

It felt like Christmas!

Photobucket

A Magical White Christmas!

Photobucket

Christmas morning dawned and it looks like Santa was here!!! We love Santa!

Photobucket

Judah's stocking was full of fun little things like car ornaments and helicopters and Elmo movies...the kid scored big!

Photobucket

Dig deep kid!

Photobucket

Playing with the loot!

And then it was melt down time...to much fun for this little man...
so off he went for a nap...a nice long happy nap!

Photobucket

It looks like our house was dusted with powdered sugar...

Photobucket

yummy pretty tasty powdered sugar...it put us in the mood for cookies...

Photobucket

Judah was up for more fun! miss Brandy made some amazing gingerbread men...

Photobucket

watching them cook! what a cute pair!

Photobucket

Judah liked biting their legs off first...that's my boy!

Photobucket

Time to see what Santa brought mommy :)

Photobucket

I think Judah liked my gifts as much as I did...especially the socks he turned into a scarf. ha!

Photobucket

We were not sure Lance would make it home on Christmas but he did! We were SO happy! We opened our gifts and enjoyed each other. It was such a fun evening.

Photobucket

Judah's great Aunt Sue bought Judah some fun gifts...by far his favorite gift was the Elmo Slippers she got him...he actually squealed then got up and danced in his slippers...it was a riot.

Photobucket

and then he sneezed. hahahahaha

Photobucket

My boys...this warms my heart.

Photobucket

such a cute little back pack :) meow!

Photobucket

Brandy got us all some really sweet presents. Judah loved his finger puppets!

Photobucket

Kiss the puppy!

Photobucket

daddy got this gift for Judah...which makes this particular picture priceless...

Photobucket

and my favorite gift! my blog in print! awesome. every year is its own book. love love love.

Photobucket

Judah got more matchbox cars than an heir to hot wheels...

Photobucket

Brandy got some fun gifts too. It was fun to get her stuff she liked.


So there is a smattering of our christmas pictures. It was a really fun day. I didn't even know if I'd get to see Lance or not, and it turned out we got to spend a big chunk of the day together.

"Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love."
-Hamilton Wright Mabi

6 comments:

Lyndee said...

I recognized the paper and bags from my box in one...but he made such a haul that it must have been overkill. I did so love seeing pictures of his sweetness and Bandy my girl. Sigh.

Burkinator said...

Best line ever? "More matchbox cars than an heir to hotwheels." Hilarious!

Becca Groves said...

I love that he played with the wrapped packages and gift bags not knowing there were gifts inside!

Alicia Marie said...

So fun.

How did you get your blog in print? What an amazing idea!! Do tell...

Beth said...

Too much fun.

p.s. I have GOT to talk to you about the company/service that prints your blog for you! Must. Do. That. Too.

Mrs. B. said...

I can't wait to do my big splurge w/ blog to print. Someday! :) Yours look great.

I love this Christmas post. Too sweet.
And I'm so glad Lance got to come home!

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley