Thursday, February 24, 2011

food for thought..

Feeding a toddler has turned out to be one of the more frustrating things I have dealt with as a mom...er...I mean as a human. honey child has a way of making me crazy by not eating and gagging on things he doesn't like and just generally being picky. Now, the things he will eat, he will eat endlessly...but the rest of it is a crapshoot.


Things Judah WILL eat:

Tortilla
Cheese Slice
PBJ sandwich
Cheerios, Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Grapes
Crackers-Ritz, Graham, Club
Corn
Oatmeal
Apple Sauce
pizza
watermelon
hot dogs/corn dogs
french fries
All stage 3 baby food in a jar...

Things Judah MIGHT eat:

Mac N Cheese
Black Beans
Meat Balls
Banana
Bacon
Hummus
Chips
Guacamole
grilled cheese
blue berries (but never the skins)
casadias with cheese or with beans

And pretty much everything else he flat out refuses. And trust me, I have offered him a variety of tastes, textures and types of food. ahhhhh! He just started drinking cow's milk for the first time last week. glory. (he still nurses like 3 or 4 times a day)

Photobucket
He shocked the heck out of me tonight when he ate meatballs...sheesh!

What do you feed your toddler? I need some serious ideas....help...

He is still in the 90+ percentile for all growth and his doc says he is fine...but...I'd like for him to eat more things...maybe I'm just dreaming...



3 comments:

Sarah said...

Eggs? Avacado in small pieces? Whole wheat pasta? Chicken? Cooked carrots? Cottage cheese? Cantaloupe or strawberry chunks?Apple sticks (we slice them thin for Audry)...... hmmmm I'll think more.

I have never had a picky toddler- Molly has now at 7.5 turned into a picky eater.

Audry eats EVERYTHING she can get her hands on.

Beth said...

My kid isn't perfect, but he IS a good eater. He doesn't say no to much. I'm not too smug about that, though, because (a) I'm not sure I had anything to do with it, and (b) I'm aware it could change on a whim. :)

So I won't be much help in the suggestion area, other than to say "keep on keepin' on!" Keep trying with Judah, and the wonderful world of delicious and varietal foods will click with him eventually!

BTW, have you tried pizza? Park LOVES it. Some of his other favorites are vegetables (beans, broccoli) from frozen, tacos, spaghetti, and the fruits you've already mentioned...

Beth said...

p.s. Another idea is Eggo Nutrigrain waffles with blueberries... Has Judah tried this? Park loves them, and yes I do add a little butter and syrup... :)

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley