Thursday, February 17, 2011

Zoo Crew

The weatherman said it was going to be 70 today...so of course we made plans!
The Zooooooooo!!!!! woohooooooo!!!!!

I went with my friend Katie and her doll faced boy, Andrew...or as Judah says "Ah-dew"

It wasn't really as warm as it was projected but it was perfect weather for
the animals to come out and play. And lovely light for a good photo :)


Photobucket

Love Birds!

Photobucket

This Giraffe was walking super close to the fence, I think she wanted her picture taken.

Photobucket

Fine by me! I took a gazillion pictures, these are a couple of my favorites.

Photobucket

Sassy girl! Stickin' out her tongue at us!

Photobucket

I almost forgot I had a child! ha! Katie was on top of the mama photo op
moment though...good thing! ha! So we got the boys together and they humored us for the pic.

Photobucket

These little mere-cats made me laugh, the mommy was peacefully nursing her baby and along
came daddy who wanted to play with the baby all rowdy like...sort of reminded
me of my own little family...lol...

Photobucket

Oh those eyes!

Photobucket


"As we go walking through the Zoo
This is what we'll see,
Elephants and hippos,
And monkeys in a tree.

Tigers roaring loudly,
Giraffes who stand so high,
Dolphins swimming freely,
And parrots in the sky.

So let's all go walking,
Having fun the whole day through,
As we go on our field trip,
To the friendly city zoo."
Author: Beverly Qualheim

Photobucket

The grand finale of the day: Monkeys!!!!
They were kind of far away and I couldn't get a really great shot, so the shots I did get
I edited to look all overexposed and crazy, which I actually kind of liked the look of.
I admit, the monkeys are a favorite! Judah loved them too!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Do you have a zoo?! do you go?! do you love it?!

5 comments:

Lyndee said...

I love Vilas Park zoo in Madison. It is small but nothing is missing. I think Eliana wants to go there again for her birthday. Nice pictures darlin!

Mrs. B. said...

Jamie! GORGEOUS photos!! I love them. But I still think it's ironic that YOU are taking animal pics. Hehe. ;)
Judah is the cutest, and so is his little buddy.

Lacy said...

Great pics! We're going to the MN Zoo on Saturday:)

Alicia Marie said...

Great, great photos. I want to go to the zoo soon. It will be 75 here tomorrow! BUT...we are waiting till we can get a season's pass...

Christina said...

Ooh the photos are so beautiful, my fav is the lovebirds photo! how perfect you captured it :) the best zoo is San Diego zoo!! Have you been there??

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley