Thursday, March 24, 2011

heading to Wisconsin...

Photobucket



So I am heading to WI to stay a while. My dad is not doing so well. This picture is from our visit in January. He is half the size and looks really bad now.

A week ago he was coughing so hard from being sick that they took him off of food, water and antibiotics...he was only getting morphine. My mom went to bat for him because it just didn't seem right. After a couple days he was back on all 3 as well as a cough medicine. They took him off of an acid reflux pill though that is now causing some other issues. It's not good.

I am not sure what will happen. He may pass away, he may rally and get better again. But in the meantime, I am going to go and be there for whatever comes along.

I know my mom is worn down in every way possible. I hope by us being there it will bring comfort.

Plus. I really want to see my dad again. I do not like the idea that I could have seen him and didn't...so I am going to go. I am in a season of life where am able to be mobile. So I am taking advantage of it.

So I may or may not be around much because I have no idea what I will and won't have time for.

Please keep us in your prayers. Please pray for my dad.

9 comments:

Katie said...

Jamie, you are a wonderful daughter. You're setting an example for Judah without even realizing it. Family is important, and you're amazing. I'm praying for ALL of you.

Nina said...

I'll be praying for you all. I'm glad you are able to take the time to be with him.
Love, Nina

ASB said...

Oh Jamie, I'll be thinking about you and your family. I'm so glad you're able to be with your parents during this tough time.

mamaolive6 said...

It is good that you are able to go and be there. My prayers are going with you. You know where I am if you need anything. Give your mom a hug and make sure you take care of yourself. Call if you need too.

Mrs. B. said...

I'll be praying for a peaceful, JOYful visit with your dad. I know just your presence will be a blessing to him and your mom.
(In all fairness, the photos I took of him and posted on FB were taken on his worst day...he really didn't look that bad the whole time.)
Love you so much.
Give Jack extra kisses from us.

Kirsten said...

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

The Arnold Family said...

Praying Jamie. How wonderful that you are able to go.

Rae Nolt said...

Praying for your family!!! Love on your dad!!!!! I know you will! :) And your mom!!! Will be thinking of you and your family this week!!! Love you!

Beth said...

Been thinking about you guys a lot this week. Glad you can feel good about heading home soon.

xoxo
BAH
NTBBE
http://bethhilden.typepad.com

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley