Friday, August 05, 2011

Something I love

So way back in January, when it was still cold outside, we bought this amazing piece of furniture. We had been searching for a while for just the perfect cabinet. When we went into Nadeau I knew right away this was the piece for us. It was charming, sturdy and just my style.

So my handy dandy husband loaded into the back of our truck with blankets and cardboard and other handy things...and off we went!

Photobucket

Now the reason I needed (ahem...wanted) this cabinet is because I have a serious love for dishes. And my love for dishes is directly related to my love of entertaining. Hostessing a nice dinner and making people feel special is probably one of my favorite activities. Good food, good friends, lovely table, nice dessert, chatting the night away...doesn't get much better than that.

And I had fallen in love with some dishes I could only get at TJ Max...and not all at once...no one TJ Max had all of the pieces...so it became a scavenger hunt. One that I actually got a few friends/family involved in...I have dishes from WI (thanks mom!) and NC (thanks Kristen!) as well as all over Nashville. I found tons of it on clearance, bought some pieces at full price and received many pieces as gifts. It was really quite a fun experience to get them all. Not sure my husband liked it, but he likes eating off of them so I guess it's all good in the end.

Photobucket

Now don't you think they are just lovely all tucked into their sweet cabinet? And wouldn't you just love to come to dinner? We would love to have you!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Andrea said...

beautiful dishes and cabinet! i just love that cabinet

Mrs. A said...

Very cute cabinet and dishes. What a fun thing to collect! :) I do really love the cabinet!!

Burkinator said...

Love it! I loved being part of that scavenger hunt. :)

Beth said...

Looks bootiful! And yes, I would love to come to dinner sometime! Pretty please? Know anyone who could fly me there from Mpls? :)

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley