Thursday, September 29, 2011

Happy Camping Day 1: Life is Good


Well it was time for our yearly camping adventure!
You may recall our last adventure...if you care to walk down memory lane here ya go:




This years trip started off WAY more organized than the year previous, probably because I knew I was going to be almost 8 months pregnant and had to have a plan.

My plan included a cabin. ha! My bro and his kiddos still wanted to genuinely camp, so setting up a tent was the first order of business. Love when these guys work together and get things done!


Photobucket

Judah liked watching the action!

Photobucket

We were lucky to have my sister join us this year too...she rarely takes breaks from her singer/songwriter existence, so we were happy she could come! And of course where she goes, so do her puppies :)

Photobucket

And we were happy that my mom also could come!!! She had just spent a week in St. Louis visiting the grands there and after camping came back to Nashville to spend time with this little grand...Judah funny bunny Byrd...crazy face :)

Photobucket

The cousins had a little reunion pow-wow...pretty sure we all need to be afraid when these kids put their heads together ;)


Photobucket

ahhh yes...my very own potty. This baby insists on sitting/kicking right on my bladder...so I don't go more than an hour with out peeing...and while that is no big deal during the day...no way, no how was I going into a dark, bug filled, stinky outhouse really far from our cabin tons of times in the night...nope...instead, I used this handy dandy potty and did my bizness with no issues. It was great. ha. I have no regrets where this was concerned ;)

Photobucket

I think we all learned a few things last year...including how hard the ground can be, especially if it's cold out...yup, Ira is blowing up an air mattress here...smart man.

Photobucket

Our cabin was on a site next to the tent site...we mostly did all things camping related over at the tent site. All the food, fire and fun happened there. Sleeping (minus my mom's buzz saw like snoring) happened in the cabin.

Photobucket


Our first day was all about getting settled in, finding ways to contain puppies and babies and getting all caught up with family we hadn't seen in a while.

Photobucket

It was great to have us all together! (Minus Mrs. B who is in hard core training to become a nurse...crazy how much work she is assigned in school....we missed her!)

Don't worry, more camping adventures were documented and are on their way...






1 comment:

Mrs. B. said...

I'm going to live vicariously (again) through your camping blogs. :) I adore that pic of Britt...and I must say, your (kinda icky) potty idea is absolutely genius. :)

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley