Thursday, October 20, 2011

October gave a party...

October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came -
The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.
~George Cooper, "October's Party"

I'm not one to skip a good party ;)
So when the weather chilled and the leaves started turning colors
I made some yummy potato soup and we headed out for a little partying with the leaves.

Photobucket

I hate to go to a party alone, so I brought my boys.

Photobucket

Turns out we were crashing the party...tons of people were already out enjoying the festivities.

Photobucket

Party favor.

Photobucket

Snacks for the party of course...grapes, ritz crackers and cream cheese.
Judah's favorite party treats.
(and PS for those who read the post right before this one...about my husbands birthday gift...notice he is now wearing
the shirt...he put it into his party wardrobe after reading what I wrote...lol...ahh, the power of words...wink)

Photobucket

I brought my baby to the party too...he was dancing...he loves to dance.

Photobucket

More party favors. These ones were hand picked.

Photobucket

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower. ~Albert Camus

Photobucket

Always sad to see a good party end...

Photobucket

Low and behold! The party took an unexpected turn...the woodland creatures
decided to make an appearance. So we lingered...something my party going husband
does not do often. And it paid off. The woodland creatures know how to party!

Photobucket

Oh dear, the deer have shiny eyes!

Photobucket

It was a delightful end to the party. A family memory made.
And then it was home for potato soup and nighttime snuggles.

It was one of those perfect English
autumnal days which occur more frequently
in memory than in life. ~P.D. James

This one will live on in our memories for a while...



1 comment:

Ashley said...

perrrrrfect blog post. made me smile from ear to ear. and such gorgeous pics. :)

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley