Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A brother is a friend given by nature

Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero. ~Marc Brown



I had read somewhere that when you introduce older child to new child at the hospital it is best to not be
holding the new child so the older child does not see their new sibling as a barrier between you and them. Could be a bunch of mumbo jumbo but I thought it seemed like a good idea.
So when my sister brought Judah to the hospital, the baby was resting in his baby cart. Judah
climbed into the hospital bed with me and said he missed me and he wanted to cover up with
me so he climbed under my covers and we cuddled up. We told him that his baby brother,
Lucas, was here and that he had brought him a present! (another little tip I had read about
and seemed like a good idea) So Lance brought the baby all swaddled over to the bed
along with a gift that was wrapped up (a cute little froggy family).

Judah was excited about the gift and we unwrapped it, lots of squeals of happy! and then he
turned to me and asked if we could unwrap the baby too :) haha. So we "unwrapped" the baby
so Judah could see the babies hands...he was very concerned about seeing if Lucas had hands.

Photobucket

Judah had also made a sign for our hospital door with his auntie. He helped hang it up and we
had a really nice visit before little Lucas was whisked off for another little appointment.

Photobucket

Since we have been home, Judah has been incredibly sweet to his little brother.
He calls him his baby sister and baby brother at different times...he confuses "he" and "she"
when talking about the baby and has called him "baby Noah" more times than baby Lucas.
(Our friend Hannah has a baby Noah and a baby Liam, twins, that Judah spends lots of time
around) but that is all semantics. He has also declared that baby to be
"so sweet mama" and has given him lots of hugs and kisses.

Photobucket

This morning he was holding baby Lucas (with my help) and started shaking his booty
and wanted Lucas to shake his booty too...haha. It was hilarious.
So we all shook our booties and laughed. It was fun.

Photobucket

If Lucas makes any little noises or cries Judah declares that "he needs nursies mama, k?"
and says he wants to keep baby safe.

Photobucket

It is a very special thing to watch. I am overwhelmed as their mother to see them already
learning to love each other. I know they will fight and have their issues like any siblings, but
they will have many many memories of sweet family time too. I know that it will be a special
relationship. Have I mentioned before how glad I was when I found out we were having
another boy? I couldn't have been any happier about it, because I knew that the bond of
brothers is something precious...I am glad they will always have each other.

4 comments:

Saba Jean said...

You are such a good mommy!

Becca Groves said...

"he needs nursies, mama, k?" might just be one of my favorite lines ever. I love how intentional you were with this introduction. Brothers! The best!

Christina said...

what a precious blog, I am so encouraged seeing the love and tender care you put into being an amazing mom! you are an inspiration :)

Blah Blah Blah said...

So sweet :)

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley