Saturday, May 28, 2011
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
- Be aware of what may make her feel depressed, guilty, anxious and/or frustrated and try to proactively resolve or minimize their influence:
- Lack of understanding & support from others
- Inability to take vitamins, or eat healthy
- Taking medications perceived as risky
- Missing out on the "fun" of being pregnant
- Loss of a "normal" pregnancy
- Lost work days or quitting work
- Putting life "on hold" for many months
- Longing to eat and drink normally
- Money expended on care and support
- Lack of energy and severe fatigue
- Irritability and lack of enjoyment in life
- Memory loss or inability to think clearly
- Burden of care and time on others
- Lack of socialization (i.e. isolation)
- Inability to prepare for birth/arrival of baby
- Inability to care for family and home
- Wanting to terminate the pregnancy to end the misery
- Other's perception that HG is only in her mind
- Loss of hope that nausea will cease before birth
- Fear of painful treatments or being force fed
- Reluctance of doctors to treat due to cost or liability
- Weight loss or inadequate gain for gestational age of baby
- Fluctuating emotions due to hormones and illness
- Sense of inadequacy and failure at being unable to cope or function
- Fear of harming baby or more difficult birth
- Fear of morbidity or death
- Difficulty bonding with baby
- Lack of energy and socialization for kids
- Lack of excitement about baby's arrival
- Dreading the prolonged recovery time
Friday, May 13, 2011
All through my really bad morning sickness I have had friends picking Judah up and taking him on little adventures. It is such a blessing to have people who care about me and about my son. I am so thankful. It isn't fair to Judah to have to suffer along with me...granted he doesn't really mind and it's probably more mommy guilt than anything, but I am still thankful for friends who are willing to go the extra mile for us.
Today my friend Tami picked him up and took him to a music class and then to lunch at chick-fil-a ...she has a sweet daughter who is a little younger than Judah and they get along grand. Judah was all excited to go, we got his little back pack ready with what he needed, a rain coat and of course his puppy :) Oh I love my little man.
I can't get over how sweet he is. Yes, he's 2 and has his share of "terrible" moments...but he has more sweet moments that more than make up for them...
His thing lately is to say he "needs" everything...
"I NEED chocolate mommy!"
"I NEED your water mommy!"
and the list goes on....what a great kid :)
Thursday, May 12, 2011
So Much to Love
I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.