Monday, January 30, 2012

Jesus was in a small group...

Photobucket


I'm not sure I have written on my blog about this, but for a year and a half Lance and I have been a part of a really really great life group at our church. We met weekly at a friend's house here in East Nashville and our lives became richer. Besides the great conversations and discussions we had weekly, the people in our group have really become a huge part of our every day lives as well. It has been one of the most positive things we have done in our time here in Nashville.

We took a huge leap of faith and decided that it was time for us to lead another group in our neighborhood. Our group was busting at the seams and it just seemed like really great timing after having had Lucas and not knowing what his little baby schedule would be like, to do something in our own home.

So tonight we kicked it off! It was great. We had a wonderful turn out of people...some we know, some we'd met previously and some were brand new. It is going to be fun! Lance and I are excited. I think because we have seen how great of an impact our group had on us, we want that for others.

Are you a part of a small group at your church?



4 comments:

Melinda Ott said...

I haven't been in a small group since college, and I miss it. The church I attended after I moved out here was small enough that everyone knew each other and we really didn't need a small group. Then we moved to a larger church, where I would have really liked a small group. However, the church was far enough away from us on a busy road that it was just so hard to get there at any time other than Sunday mornings and MOPS mornings (I still attend MOPS there). We recently switched to another church, less than a 5 minute drive away, that is medium-sized and I'm hoping to find a small group there.

Burkinator said...

We finally got into one again last year, and we're so glad we did. It's a group of people pretty much in the same stage of life we are. It sure makes us feel more rooted in our church.

Beth said...

Here's a fun video RVC put together to promote the next semester of life groups:

http://youtu.be/e7JLgq274qU

:)

Jessica said...

Small groups are great. It's a great way to make friends as an adult. I am excited for you guys. I'm praying that the Holy Spirit shows up in mighty ways so that the love of Jesus would grow in the hearts of everyone there. Like Acts!

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley