Thursday, January 12, 2012

Less is more...I hope.

I have never been a big talker. I remember my mom trying to get me to talk more when I was a kid, but I was just more interested in listening and observing. It's not like I never talked, I just wasn't a chatty girl.
This is still pretty true of me, although I do try to be more vocal now.
But the reason I was thinking about this today is I was praying for my babe Lucas who is still fighting off a cold...going on 6 weeks (he's only 7 weeks old)...and I started wondering if God thinks I'm to quiet when I pray...do I need to say more than "please help my baby boy feel better, please lord" or should I be saying more. I know lots of people who pray and pray and pray...long prayers. Of course comparing isn't good but this is more theoretical than thinking of a specific person.
Is my simple prayer enough? I know the answer is that yes, it is enough. But as someone who has always been a little quiet and I know it bugs people, it just made me wonder if it bugged the big guy too.
Lol. I'm laughing at this post now, just realizing that you can't change a zebra's stripes. This is me. Quiet me. I know God created me this way, so surely he doesn't mind my short prayers.
Okay. Glad I worked that out, blogging does wonders in helping me "think out loud"...my way of being more vocal...with out talking. Lol. I'm done rambling for now.

Please say a short or long (whatever works for you) prayer for Lucas to get better...thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

Lib at Truly His said...

I am very talkative but married a man that doesn't talk unless "he has something to say." :) I have seen the beauty of both and honestly I wish I was more like him (or you) in that matter, but more than anything...God knows your heart and how He created you to be - quiet and lovely. :)

Burkinator said...

It's funny, but I've never thought of you as a quiet person. Maybe it's just because we're close. Or that I talk enough for both of us. :) Yeah, that's probably it ...

I say if you think God is prompting you to talk to Him more, that is never a bad thing. But He's also said that He's not impressed with lengthy and wordy prayer. He's more interested in motivation and heart. But you know that ... so I'll stop talking now. Hahahahahaha.

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley