Sunday, January 01, 2012

settle in

I have things to blog about and show pictures of...like all the fabulous christmas celebrations we had and my birthday and of course our happy new year...lots of sweet baby moments...interesting toddler antics...so many things...

The last of our holiday guests departed this morning...Lucas is 6 weeks old on Tuesday...I am feeling a little more human all the time.

My January resolutions are:
I plan to go hardcore with Judah on potty training...he is SO ready.
I want to get into a routine, again for Judah, he is a mess after the last couple months of crazy schedules and life changes. Time to lock into a routine that sets him up for success.
I want to get back into couponing, I found out I can order my groceries online at Harris Teeter and use coupons...so if I can manage to do these things from the comfort of my home, it may actually be possible.
I have a couple areas of my house that need to be re-organized...and decluttered. I don't know if this is even possible but it's going on the list anyhow...aim high people, aim high.

My life resolution:
To create a space where I can create. I can't leave anything laying around or out in my house for very long...if I do, Judah will ruin it or Lance will want me to clean it up. Those two forces are not to be reckoned with, not by me. So how can i create a win, win? well...I'm not sure. I guess that's the challenge. I want to scrapbook, I want to blog, I want to smash, I want to sew, I want to have piles, I want to leave a cup in one spot for a week and not use a coaster. I have goals people ;) ha.

My 2012 resolution:
To settle into life as a mom of two.


I wish this blog "flowed" or was more coherent...but the fact of the matter is, I have had to stop and do other things at least 5x...and I'm tired. Once Lucas goes to sleep (it's looking like it might be soon) I plan to join him in dream land! Judah has been asleep for a bit (thankfully no puking tonight...we've had way to much of that this week). Lance comes home in the morning...I wish he was coming home to a tidy home, but reality is that if it's going to be more tidy, he's gonna have to do it or watch the kids so I can...they double team me and I am lucky to get half of something done at once...lol. I'm not complaining, just stating the facts of my life as it is currently.
I'm officially rambling...so on that note!

Sweet dreams blog land!

3 comments:

Burkinator said...

Nice to see a few blogs pop up! I miss you! Hope you get settled into life now that the dust is settling. :)

Becca Groves said...

First of all, Merry Flumas. It was a dooser, was it not?!! Ivar threw up seven nights in a row. He was fine in the daytime, hydrated, on the brat diet, and each night just lost his lunch. gross. Last night was our first victorious night and all I can say is, I feel your pain my friend. What a Christmas to remember.

I am watching you as you adjust to two. I can't fathom it right now. It feels bigger than adjusting to one. For real. I try to think about what it will be like not to be able to nap when the baby is napping...it's overwhelming, and I'm only 12 pregnancy weeks along!

I, too, am looking for routine. Goals and structure. Isn't it crazy how life gets hairy and order is what we crave? Happy 2012! Thinking of you and all the adjustments of having another baby. I'll be taking notes.

Terry K.Andrews said...

I have learn several good stuff here. Certainly value bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how much attempt you place to create such a fantastic informative site.
Hawaii Maui Babe Value Pack 1 Browning & 2 After Sun 8 oz. bottles

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley