Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"We write to taste life twice..."

Photobucket

I was in Target trying to find my little wandering family (Lance had both boys alone with a Target cart while I made a return...danger will robinson) when I passed through the stationary aisle and ran across this darling notebook. Now I am super picky about notebooks...there are many many many notebook covers I fall in love with, but if the paper on the inside is lame then it doesn't matter. I don't like the big wide ruled lines and strange little markings in the corners. It's a quirk...I have a few.

Anyhow, I love this notebook but wasn't even tempted to buy it cause the paper was lame. So I pulled out my phone and snapped a pic instead.

I feel this quote. It is why I blog. It is why I don't blog about things that I don't want to relive...like a good fight with the hubs, or family drama, or the poopy diaper that ruined my day...sometimes I do write about the bad days because I survived them, and that IS worth remembering, and "tasting twice". There is so much good in life to remember and to live again through writing. Some of it is too good to capture in words and so I try to capture things in a picture.

Life in Nashrock is starting to fall into a groove, I am hoping to do a bit more blogging if I can master the art of getting two children to sleep at the same time...wish me luck!



5 comments:

Becca Groves said...

ooooohhhh...I love this. I love the quote and I love what your wrote on how you decide what to share on ze ol' blog. I follow this rule exactly.

Here's to hoping babies go to bed at the same time! Love your blogging.

Joyfully,
Becca

Lib at Truly His said...

What a great quote!! I am going to write that down. Thank you for it!

Andrea said...

that is a great quote! def going to be writing that one down! thanks for sharing.

lance lockhart said...

Your husband doesn't always understand why you can step over $100 bill ten times. But now that I understand you a little better, I will run interference for you every once and a while so I can taste your beautiful collections of our life together.

Beth said...

Absolutely love the quote. I've been struggling in my mind to capture exactly why I blog and why I write. And this does it. Beautifully. I may need to steal it and use it for inspiration for a future post myself. :)

[NOT THE] Best Blog Ever
http://bethhilden.typepad.com

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley