Wednesday, February 29, 2012

just a little Lucas

you know how some people have babies that cry at night? and they just go crazy trying to get their babies to go to sleep so they will be rested and not cry? yeah. that is so NOT Lucas. He stays up, and avoids sleep...but he doesn't cry. He smiles. Huge, beaming, contagious, sweet smiles. I feel bad at the end of the day when I am exhausted and just want to sleep saying "Lucas! stop smiling and go to sleep already!!" ha...who says that?! but seriously, he's obsessed with smiling. so I guess I will just be grateful he's so happy and sleep when I'm dead ;) ha. He really is an easy kiddo.

So he's 14 weeks old (3 months and a week). And yesterday he rolled from back to front...and again several times today. It's his new "thing". It's sweet and he gets so happy and then frustrated at being on his belly. It's cute.

I also put him in the walker on the hard wood floor and he took off walking around. He only goes forward so if he gets stuck somewhere I have to help him, but it's awfully cute. Judah loves trying to get him to come to him...and usually ends up pushing him around, Lucas doesn't mind.

Lucas also babbles non stop. I have a feeling he's going to be a talker like Judah. I guess that's good, they can talk to each other and I can get a little peace and quiet. haha.

He's also been laughing for a while now...it's so sweet. He just cracks up when we clap his hands together, or sing funny songs to him, or bounce him up and down. It's precious.

Today, Judah declared that Lucas was his "best friend" and kept hugging him and telling him he was his best friend. It was adorable. I hope they are best friends thru life. They will always have each other either way, so I hope they like each other ;)

Lucas is also gnawing on his hands non-stop and drooling like crazy. I will let ya know when his first tooth pops through, it won't be long.

I can hardly believe how quick it's going. I am enjoying every second of this sweet baby boy's life. He is a joy.

Photobucket
Here he is right after he rolled over by himself the first time. Love!

1 comment:

Lyndee said...

I love your blogs about the kids. Oh heck anything you write I devour. It keeps me in touch even tho I am states away.....love you all.

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley