Friday, February 17, 2012

smaller is the new bigger

so I was thinking tonight...

my world has never been so small.

I go days at a time where my entire world consists of a kitchen, a living room, my room, Judah's room and the bathroom. That's not even my entire house.

On a good day, when Lance is home, I go to fancy places like Kohl's or Home Goods (love).

Once upon a time I went on cruises, I had work parties, I met "the girls" for lunch, I had movie nights at an actual movie theatre. I orchestrated events where hundreds of kids showed up and walked away happy.

but now my world consists of two kids, my two kids.

and my world has never been so big.

the joy of watching Lucas light up with a smile at the sight of me.
knowing Judah is happy and learning new things all the time.
snuggling up with Lucas while he nurses and grows bigger every day.
seeing how proud Judah gets when he masters a new skill, like potty training (finally!).
listening to sweet baby giggles.
hearing my boy say "you're my sweetheart mommy" and giving me smooches.

more than my world is bigger now...my heart actually is. yup. just like the grinch, only I wasn't all grinchy before.

I know someday I will again do things like go on cruises and meet "the girls" for lunch and other great things that will get me outside the walls of my house, but for now I am more than happy to grow my world in a different way.

In a lot of ways my world has gotten smaller, but in the important ways it has only gotten bigger. And I am grateful.

Photobucket



1 comment:

Burkinator said...

:)

I haven't been on any cruises lately, either, and I don't have nearly so good an excuse.

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley